Mediapolis QB Ertz picks up offers from

IowaFan81

Kansas St. and Western Illinois. Be a preferred walk-on at Iowa or take KSU scholly? ISU is really interested as well as an athlete.

I would think that just about any FBS schollie offer trumps a preferred walk-on offer regardless of school, unless of course he's a die-hard black and gold bleeder, then all bets are off.

Kansas State runs a completely opposite offense to Iowa's.

It's extremely unlikely that both schools would be looking at the same kind of player for QB.

Kansas State runs a completely opposite offense to Iowa's.

It's extremely unlikely that both schools would be looking at the same kind of player for QB.

Who knows what Iowa's offense will be this fall.

And don't be surprised if Derby ends up there.

Who knows what Iowa's offense will be this fall.

And don't be surprised if Derby ends up there.

I know exactly what kind of offense we will run: the Kirk Ferentz variety.

We certainly don't have the QBs in the program to run anything other than a pro-style, drop back passing game. Hello 2 win season if they try and run the Vince Young read option.

And Derby leaving just proves my point. He skill set was the complete opposite of what he needed to have to be a successful QB here.

BTW, does anyone even know if he'll see the field for his JUCO team this year?

I know exactly what kind of offense we will run: the Kirk Ferentz variety.

We certainly don't have the QBs in the program to run anything other than a pro-style, drop back passing game. Hello 2 win season if they try and run the Vince Young read option.

And Derby leaving just proves my point. He skill set was the complete opposite of what he needed to have to be a successful QB here.

BTW, does anyone even know if he'll see the field for his JUCO team this year?

So, there are only 2 types of offenses? Pro-Style and Read-Option?

It's not going to be a QB-run heavy offense like K-State runs.

How much football do you even watch?

You didn't ask me, but I'll share anyway. I watch some. To show that I watch some, I like to throw out types of offenses there are/were, about QB's being able to make all the throws, and how a player is able to make plays in space. To really demonstrate that I watch some I talk about DL having a good motor, playing down hill and last but not least LB/CB having a good nose for the ball.

I didn't know Mediapolis played football. Is he a better athlete than Debbie Coates was?;):D

That name sounded familiar then I remembered my mother-in-law was on those Mepo 6 on 6 teams. Ertz is good at basketball, too, but not that good.

That name sounded familiar then I remembered my mother-in-law was on those Mepo 6 on 6 teams. Ertz is good at basketball, too, but not that good.

Oh you youngins that don't remember 6 on 6! What a great game. The local gyms were packed every game, and come March... Vets was a rockin!:D

You are really smart Coach. I wish I knew as much about football as you do. Especially, all the stuff you know about the offense that will take the field this fall. Man, you must be KF. :rolleyes:

And so you understand, I know that Iowa won't have a QB run heavy offense ala KSU. However, you can't throw out a blanket statement about Pro-style drop-back passing being the only thing Iowa will run when you have no idea what Davis will have put in.

I don't disagree that KF will allow Davis to go away from the zone blocking running attack. But, I think Davis has KF's respect and has opened his mind to some things (he eluded to this during media days) and we'll also see some new wrinkles.

Oh, and sorry I didn't put the sarcasm emoticon on that statement so you could tell.