Media Day

I posted the 3 things that I gleaned out of all that muck

1. Garza is striving to be back game 1. I dunno that he will be, but he wants to be and to me, that's a good sign that he's not going to to miss a lot of time
2. Baer will come off the bench. This is also good IMO
3. Nunge is hopefully going to play inside more.

All the other stuff about defense, and this and that is just talk until I see it...but I did get some info out of this.

I posted the 3 things that I gleaned out of all that muck

1. Garza is striving to be back game 1. I dunno that he will be, but he wants to be and to me, that's a good sign that he's not going to to miss a lot of time
2. Baer will come off the bench. This is also good IMO
3. Nunge is hopefully going to play inside more.

All the other stuff about defense, and this and that is just talk until I see it...but I did get some info out of this.
Don't forget about the Messiah arriving....:eek:

Don't forget about the Messiah arriving....:eek:

yeah, and I am excited about that too - but until I see it, it's just a false prophet. I expect him to be good, but I'll wait and see it first. I am looking for something more tangible that I can rely on... Like,. Fran said TC is playing the best defense on the team? Really? Ok - I'll believe it when I see it. ... I hear all the "We're working hard and Defense matters, and this year we lifted and worked out harder then ever" - and all of those things are good and to be expected, I just don't believe any of it til I see it.

I believe Baer comes off the bench - I believe the experiment with Nunge at the 3 is over - I believe that Garza won't be out for any meaningful time. I just hope he's back by New York

yeah, and I am excited about that too - but until I see it, it's just a false prophet. I expect him to be good, but I'll wait and see it first. I am looking for something more tangible that I can rely on... Like,. Fran said TC is playing the best defense on the team? Really? Ok - I'll believe it when I see it. ... I hear all the "We're working hard and Defense matters, and this year we lifted and worked out harder then ever" - and all of those things are good and to be expected, I just don't believe any of it til I see it.

I believe Baer comes off the bench - I believe the experiment with Nunge at the 3 is over - I believe that Garza won't be out for any meaningful time. I just hope he's back by New York
Have Faith. :D

I'm excited to see JW play against BIG competition. That's gonna be fun. All the talk about defense? Hard to turn a poodle into a pitbull. I'm not saying it can't be done. We'll see. The minute distribution at the 1, 2 and 3 spots are going to be interesting. To say the least.

I'm glad to hear about the Baer experiment at starting being over. Sounds like he'll be 6th man to start with right where he belongs. That's just him and I think that'll certainly be for the best

So when you say you will believe it when you see it, does that mean you will assume they're lying until you see improved defense, or you will believe all the extra work on defense will help when you actually see it?

I'm excited to see JW play against BIG competition. That's gonna be fun. All the talk about defense? Hard to turn a poodle into a pitbull. I'm not saying it can't be done. We'll see. The minute distribution at the 1, 2 and 3 spots are going to be interesting. To say the least.
Any of that talk about style of D? I agree those spots don't change. So will they play significantly more zone? Because I don't see them improving individually with their man to man a ton...

Any of that talk about style of D? I agree those spots don't change. So will they play significantly more zone? Because I don't see them improving individually with their man to man a ton...
There are several correctable problems with their man to man defense. They are all Man to Man Defense 101 issues. If these coaches and players can set aside their egos and spend 3/4 of their practice time working on simple basics, they can improve a lot. How many D-1 coaches and D-1 athletes are capable of setting aside their egos? That's a good question. Can THESE athletes and coaches do it? We'll see.