Measuring Stick Game - MSU

The offer sounds like a blast but I'll have my kid with me; the cops might frown on a 12 year old being down on Broadway Saturday night. Although, I've done my fair share of Winter Games and not much would surprise me.

However, if you play your set in a denim vest with no shirt and Oakley Eyshades, I'm pretty sure I'll find a way to make it down there.

what else would I wear? For real tho - I will be at probably every big event on Saturday ridding on the Nautical's 4 wheeler dealy... if you see me, please come up and introduce yourself. Besides Jon on several occasions, I've never met anyone off here.

The outcome won't be a surprise but you still will be able to watch the Hawkeye Victory and bask in the glory.....

:cool:
I cut the cord to Directv when my dad visit the owner's house and he told me that the owner is rich. I knew the owner won't miss me at all. Next day, I went outside and got my cablecutter and cut the cord from my dish and then i went to Mediacom and ordered the only internet. That was it. I just had to pull up app off the internet and so far I don't miss DishNetwork or Directv. I'm done putting my money in their pocket so that they can burn money. We have everything off the internet. I prolly save money in a long run. Of course, I'll be able to bask in my glory to see Hawkeyes beat MSU.
We're gonna leave him permanently shocked like this.
img24446355.jpg

If only I could get fast enough internet out in the rural area so I could tell TheDish to go stick it!

I assume no issues with getting Cubs games using Hulu live?

I went back to the box score of the December 2018 game with MSU and the major problem that night was field goal percentage, 51.7% for MSU and 32.8% for Iowa. Three point % was basically the same 25% for MSU and 27.3% for Iowa. I thought turnovers would be a major factor but it was not to that degree, 8 MSU to Iowa's 11. Iowa was a better free throw team that night making 78.1 % to MSU's 66.7%. Iowa was out rebounded by seven, 44 to 37. I'll credit MSU defense with Iowa's below average shooting, Iowa only took 12 3pt attempts and made 3. MSU attempted 22 and made 6.

The points in the paint were obviously the big factor. Stopping the penetration and keeping Ward, Tillman, and Goins from getting the ball near the basket will have much to do with the outcome. Iowa must shoot well from the perimeter, 32% won't cut it. Keeping Cook and Garza out of foul trouble is critical.

It looks like you may have transposed a couple of those. MSU actually shot 78.1% from the line to Iowa's 66.7% and MSU shot 3-12 from 3 while Iowa shot 6-22. Your 3 point % was right. ;)

Like you mentioned, FG% and defense were the major culprits. To me that game kind of came down to Garza vs Ward. Obviously more went into it than that but the two played at complete opposites of the spectrum. Garza played arguably his worst collegiate game going 1-10 with 7 points while Ward went a crazy 10-10 with 26 points.

Thanks Duke, - we actually cut the chord and we are paying (yes, Dean paying) for Hulu Live and we love it. It's $40 and we get free DVR. My biggest issue, is that I won't get home til probably 1 am Thursday/Friday morning and then I am playing Winter Games in Boji Fri and Sat - then playing an awards show Sunday night. So, but the time I get back home and I am able to watch it, I'll have missed 2 games. ....yeah, it's just sinking in that I am gonna miss the Minne game too. F! I will DVR it tho.
When you say you "cut the chord" it can mean more than one thing.;)

certainly, i want iowa to win. but the thread title is right. measuring stick game. nothing easy, no let up, no defensive lapses or breakdowns, no offensive droughts, and make them win the game. we all had this game as a loss back in december. so, if we lose, i still see 12-8, depending on how we play this game. having said all of that and with the way we can score and how many scorers we have, if we play a full 40 minutes and the refs don't screw us, we should have a chance to win. gonna be a tough game.

You can get Hughes Net Dish, Prolly the only internet dishView attachment 4893

I’ve had satellite internet before and the upload to download difference in speeds suck. Tough to use a VPN with when I’m working from home.

Right now we’ve got 12 mbps, which is fine for Netflix but I’d be worried if all 4 of our TVs were streaming at the same time on it.

Switching gears, I just saw Indiana go into Northwestern and lose the exact game that we won two weeks ago. And Anthony Falzon came out of two years of obscurity and injury to have a career game against them.

It's nice to seen other teams lose those types of games instead of us and it's nice to see the Falzon's of the world have career games against teams other than us for a change. His shooting barrage brought back memories of that Buggs guy from Minnesota a few years ago.

certainly, i want iowa to win. but the thread title is right. measuring stick game. nothing easy, no let up, no defensive lapses or breakdowns, no offensive droughts, and make them win the game. we all had this game as a loss back in december. so, if we lose, i still see 12-8, depending on how we play this game. having said all of that and with the way we can score and how many scorers we have, if we play a full 40 minutes and the refs don't screw us, we should have a chance to win. gonna be a tough game.

We have been double-teaming on defense lately which, IMO, has been key to our success, along with Cook, Garza, and Kreiner maintaining good position by denying the pass to the post. Keep this up, and limit MSU's offensive rebounds and we are good!

I’ve had satellite internet before and the upload to download difference in speeds suck. Tough to use a VPN with when I’m working from home.

Right now we’ve got 12 mbps, which is fine for Netflix but I’d be worried if all 4 of our TVs were streaming at the same time on it.
The technology right now is much more advanced right now.
giphy.gif

We have been double-teaming on defense lately which, IMO, has been key to our success, along with Cook, Garza, and Kreiner maintaining good position by denying the pass to the post. Keep this up, and limit MSU's offensive rebounds and we are good!

i still worry about winston off the dribble. we don't have the foot speed to keep him out of the lane. that's really my biggest concern. lane penetration breaks everything, including defensive rebounding. i am optimistic but also realistic.

i still worry about winston off the dribble. we don't have the foot speed to keep him out of the lane. that's really my biggest concern. lane penetration breaks everything, including defensive rebounding. i am optimistic but also realistic.

I agree 100! I saw his last game and he will drive to the hoop EVERYTIME, unless he is cut-off!. It will be essental to double team him at the top of the key [or the sides]and make him give up the rock. HE IS THE CATALYST that drives the MSU machine, and I mean machine! They push the ball every possession so we'd better be back on "D"!
Also, Sparty shoots the 3 better than every other B1G team, top 15 in the nation. We will need to click on all cylinders tomorrow!

I see Winston and I see the old Notre Dame point guard David Rivers. I see a lot of similiarities in their game. It was well known around college basketball circles that you had to cut off Rivers at the top of the key and keep him from getting into the lane. It was well known that it was easier said than done.

I see Winston and I see the old Notre Dame point guard David Rivers. I see a lot of similiarities in their game. It was well known around college basketball circles that you had to cut off Rivers at the top of the key and keep him from getting into the lane. It was well known that it was easier said than done.

I think Fran needs to switch defenses ALOT [unless we find one that really works], and for god's sake, call a timeout when they go on a 10-0 run! I'm still hoping we play some 1-3-1, and pray they miss a bunch of 3's. Also would like to see us press heavily when the second team is on the floor. Geez, this would be a stellar win if we can pull it out!