Measuring Stick Game - MSU

Get a free trial for YoutubeTV and DVR the game. You get a free week. You have to record it the day of the game. Go to Live on the home screen, go to the channel, FoxSports1, Click on the game, Click on More Info, Go to the top of the page and Click, Add To Library, and you are golden.....

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gcl...VmrXACh1VWQBXEAAYASAAEgJY2fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

:cool:
lf your zip code isn’t in a bigger metro (CR or Des Moines in Iowa) you can’t get YouTube TV.

Yeah, we can contain Winston

Just have to get quick fouls on Ward and keep him on the bench

The referees are calling it close this season

Ward had three fast fouls in the first half, sat on the bench a lone time and in the second got the fourth foul at the thirteen-minute mark. That might be the key to the game.....

I noticed that in every B1G team that played MSU, MSU likes to keep their scores under 70 points. We’re gonna have to score more than that to keep up with them or beat them at their own game. We’re gonna have to play thugs with them. Just fight them to the last man Standing!

Get a free trial for YoutubeTV and DVR the game. You get a free week. You have to record it the day of the game. Go to Live on the home screen, go to the channel, FoxSports1, Click on the game, Click on More Info, Go to the top of the page and Click, Add To Library, and you are golden.....

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gcl...VmrXACh1VWQBXEAAYASAAEgJY2fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks Duke, - we actually cut the chord and we are paying (yes, Dean paying) for Hulu Live and we love it. It's $40 and we get free DVR. My biggest issue, is that I won't get home til probably 1 am Thursday/Friday morning and then I am playing Winter Games in Boji Fri and Sat - then playing an awards show Sunday night. So, but the time I get back home and I am able to watch it, I'll have missed 2 games. ....yeah, it's just sinking in that I am gonna miss the Minne game too. F! I will DVR it tho.

I'll be there. I'll be loud. All I'm hoping is for something to cheer about. And I think we'll have it, at least for a while. I won't be surprised or down on us if we lose, but ideally, I'd like us to take it to the wire where it's a 50/50 toss up to show that we can compete at the highest levels. But a win will require everyone firing on all cylinders and constantly being on the attack. A repeat shooting performance wouldn't hurt either, but I wouldn't count on it the way MSU plays D.

Izzo is already greasing up the refs as we speak.

5f0bd5971039c3238b55226e40715a80.jpg

Thanks Duke, - we actually cut the chord and we are paying (yes, Dean paying) for Hulu Live and we love it. It's $40 and we get free DVR. My biggest issue, is that I won't get home til probably 1 am Thursday/Friday morning and then I am playing Winter Games in Boji Fri and Sat - then playing an awards show Sunday night. So, but the time I get back home and I am able to watch it, I'll have missed 2 games. ....yeah, it's just sinking in that I am gonna miss the Minne game too. F! I will DVR it tho.

The outcome won't be a surprise but you still will be able to watch the Hawkeye Victory and bask in the glory.....

I'll be there. I'll be loud. All I'm hoping is for something to cheer about. And I think we'll have it, at least for a while. I won't be surprised or down on us if we lose, but ideally, I'd like us to take it to the wire where it's a 50/50 toss up to show that we can compete at the highest levels. But a win will require everyone firing on all cylinders and constantly being on the attack. A repeat shooting performance wouldn't hurt either, but I wouldn't count on it the way MSU plays D.
Iowa needs a "signature win" or two for big time recruiting access. Same for FB.

Good seasons get you fighting with Northern Illinois and South Dakota State for the same recruits.

Production too often has been of the "keep the job" "get a bonus" "tweak the contract" type.

...I won't get home til probably 1 am Thursday/Friday morning and then I am playing Winter Games in Boji Fri and Sat...
I'll be on Emerson Bay at 6:30 Saturday morning, hopefully not getting run over by drunks on snowmobiles.

As of right now the plan after fishing is to show up where you guys are playing, bust out a huge poster that says FRYOWA right when you hit the solo to "Can You Take Me High Enough," and see if you can keep keep your place. I'm assuming you guys will be in Arnolds Park or thereabouts?

If that's cool with you, anyway.

InfiniteIdealisticArieltoucan-small.gif

and +1,000,000 for Hulu live. Cable can suck it.

Don't even need the ESPN app anymore because the Hulu live guide just keeps adding ESPN channels the more football games there are. Same with BTN. Wanna watch Eastern Kentucky play Georgia Southern? It's right there in the guide. I know this past season I counted like 8 or 9 ESPN simulcasts in the Hulu Live guide that I'd otherwise have to go to the app to watch. Even caught UNI a couple times.

I'll be on Emerson Bay at 6:30 Saturday morning, hopefully not getting run over by drunks on snowmobiles.

As of right now the plan after fishing is to show up where you guys are playing, bust out a huge poster that says FRYOWA right when you hit the solo to "Can You Take Me High Enough," and see if you can keep keep your place. I'm assuming you guys will be in Arnolds Park or thereabouts?

If that's cool with you, anyway.

InfiniteIdealisticArieltoucan-small.gif

haha Awesome. We are playing at The Nautical - which is next door to Captain's Getaway. It's a pretty fun bar and it will be wall to wall crazy. We are playing at 9 pm Friday and Saturday night (we only play 45 minutes because we're just the opening act for a buddy from Nashville). I would LOVE to meet you dude. We've had a few differences, but for the most part, I get your humor and I'd buy ya a beer for sure. You pretty much know what I look like :)

and +1,000,000 for Hulu live. Cable can suck it.

Don't even need the ESPN app anymore because the Hulu live guide just keeps adding ESPN channels the more football games there are. Same with BTN. Wanna watch Eastern Kentucky play Georgia Southern? It's right there in the guide. I know this past season I counted like 8 or 9 ESPN simulcasts in the Hulu Live guide that I'd otherwise have to go to the app to watch. Even caught UNI a couple times.

It really is great IMO so far. We get that, then we get HBO and Showtime for our shows (I watch most of the shows on both of those channels, barely any basic cable shows - the Hulu Live is really for the wife and sports) ....but our bill went from $220 to $55 and we watch everything we used to with the same ease and I couldn't be happier.

The other night, Creighton was on some obscure CBS channel - like CBS Midwest Ocho and no one in town with Dtv could get it. Hulu live gets like every CBS channel there is. You just gotta find it in most cases.

haha Awesome. We are playing at The Nautical - which is next door to Captain's Getaway. It's a pretty fun bar and it will be wall to wall crazy. We are playing at 9 pm Friday and Saturday night (we only play 45 minutes because we're just the opening act for a buddy from Nashville). I would LOVE to meet you dude. We've had a few differences, but for the most part, I get your humor and I'd buy ya a beer for sure. You pretty much know what I look like :)
The offer sounds like a blast but I'll have my kid with me; the cops might frown on a 12 year old being down on Broadway Saturday night. Although, I've done my fair share of Winter Games and not much would surprise me.

However, if you play your set in a denim vest with no shirt and Oakley Eyshades, I'm pretty sure I'll find a way to make it down there.

The other night, Creighton was on some obscure CBS channel - like CBS Midwest Ocho and no one in town with Dtv could get it. Hulu live gets like every CBS channel there is. You just gotta find it in most cases.
I give them 4.9 out of 5; all they need to do is make their guide go out in the future. I can't figure that one out...you only get the next show for each channel.

I went back to the box score of the December 2018 game with MSU and the major problem that night was field goal percentage, 51.7% for MSU and 32.8% for Iowa. Three point % was basically the same 25% for MSU and 27.3% for Iowa. I thought turnovers would be a major factor but it was not to that degree, 8 MSU to Iowa's 11. Iowa was a better free throw team that night making 78.1 % to MSU's 66.7%. Iowa was out rebounded by seven, 44 to 37. I'll credit MSU defense with Iowa's below average shooting, Iowa only took 12 3pt attempts and made 3. MSU attempted 22 and made 6.

The points in the paint were obviously the big factor. Stopping the penetration and keeping Ward, Tillman, and Goins from getting the ball near the basket will have much to do with the outcome. Iowa must shoot well from the perimeter, 32% won't cut it. Keeping Cook and Garza out of foul trouble is critical.

Latest posts