Meanwhile, Maryland is getting....

I dont think the B1G wants to control every game throughout the year nor do I really think they have a bias as to who wins. But as the season plays out and we come to the last third of the games, i do think they have a bias because the one thing they would care about is getting teams in the tournament.

To me its the only plausible explanation to why the officiating is so bad for a lot of these teams because it happens at home as well.
No, bubble teams just play more urgency and desperation when their backs are against the wall. And they will do the same in the BTT.

Last year we weren't even a bubble team. We were a bottom feeder. And we gave eventual national runner up Michigan all they could handle in the BTT, pushing them to overtime.

It is SO Iowa to win close games, hit buzzer beating winners, make clutch plays, have a decent chance for 5-5 conference road record, etc.

Sorry, wrong year. I know they still have to prove themselves in March. But here's a newsflash. They're going to get eliminated at some point. And it's going to sting for a bit.

It's what you sign on for as a fan. I'm sure the boards in Wisconsin and Maryland are up in arms right now, calling out Happ, wanting new coaches, etc. It's not just SO Iowa, it's everywhere.

I all fairness, the Michigan win changed the whole season narrative. Without that win the narrative would be Iowa is a nice team who can't win the big ones and struggles against inferior teams. With the win, the narrative is that Iowa can play with and beat anyone and finds ways to win close games.

I all fairness, the Michigan win changed the whole season narrative. Without that win the narrative would be Iowa is a nice team who can't win the big ones and struggles against inferior teams. With the win, the narrative is that Iowa can play with and beat anyone and finds ways to win close games.
Well for starters, Nebraska and possibly Ohio State were ranked when we played them in January. And our winning close games isn't a narrative, it's a fact. But your point stands in that sometimes it only takes one win to change the perspective of an entire season. And that there is such a razor thin difference between most of the team's in this conference. We are on the winning side of the razor this year. Therefore we aren't 7-10 or 6-11 right now.

It’s SO Iowa to fail to take care of their own business and miss (usually squander) opportunities to benefit from others’ stumbles.
The way they”ve been playing the last few weeks + the sideshow dramas and I fully expect them to finish with Ls at Wisc and Neb, then get beat by a loose Illannoy or NwU on Thursday, then drop to an 8, where they’ll be soundly beat by the likes of Oklahoma or Syracuse ... or Woffordo_O:(:mad:

Hawks did not take care of business at home against a weak WI team and Maryland. I can forgive MSU they are tough out, and even MD, but that WI loss was a bad one. So, there they sit in 6th.

Latest posts