Meanwhile, Maryland is getting....

Blown out! its 64-37 with 8:20 left. As I said in another post that Maryland was going to struggle in this game, it just goes to show you that there are no gimmies in this conference.

Blown out! its 64-37 with 8:20 left. As I said in another post that Maryland was going to struggle in this game, it just goes to show you that there are no gimmies in this conference.
And yet, if we win on Saturday at home against Rutgers, we get out of the conference season with no Q2 or Q3 losses.

This is the BT in 2019. I think it is absolutely spectacular! Of course, its not so nice when Iowa gets blown out at OSU>

If the hawks could have done their part and beat Maryland and Ohio State, this Purdue gave would have huge interest from us. We would still be looking at a dream conference championship. Imagine if the winner ends with 5 losses. I almost hope someone only has 4 so I dont have to think what if.

Penn State has some really good players and has been playing really well. I think they have been the biggest disappointment in the B1G this year with their talent and experience. Nonetheless, they are playing for pride and will be a tough out, home or road. They play at Wisconsin next.

We still have a shot at the 4 seed, however, we would have to root for Minnesota to beat Maryland on the road. I think Michigan takes care of Maryland so that gets us tied in the loss column. And, I firmly believe the B1G has an agenda with the officiating to get as many teams in the tournament as they can, and Minnesota could be on the bubble in this one. But we will know if there is anything to play for against Nebraska or not by the time we play them.

Maryland has Michigan and Minnesota left, both at home, good chance they win both, at worst they split.

Wisconsin has PSU and Iowa at home, OSU on the road.

Thought maybe a 4 seed might be in play in the BTT, but they are pretty much locked in to a 5 or a 6.

Maryland has Michigan and Minnesota left, both at home, good chance they win both, at worst they split.

Wisconsin has PSU and Iowa at home, OSU on the road.

Thought maybe a 4 seed might be in play in the BTT, but they are pretty much locked in to a 5 or a 6.

We have 2 chances to get the 4 seed if we win out. One involves Maryland losing at home to Minnesota and the other involves Michigan losing at home to Nebraska. Our odds are less than 5%.

On another note, the bracket generator has Wisconsin losing to Ohio State now. I really want the 6 seed for the time of day the game is played, but I want to win out worse.

We have 2 chances to get the 4 seed if we win out. One involves Maryland losing at home to Minnesota and the other involves Michigan losing at home to Nebraska. Our odds are less than 5%.

On another note, the bracket generator has Wisconsin losing to Ohio State now. I really want the 6 seed for the time of day the game is played, but I want to win out worse.

If Iowa gets the 6 seed I am hoping Purdue gets the 3. Carson Edwards isn't the greatest matchup for Iowa, but the rest of that lineup on a neutral site is.

And yes, I am assuming Iowa will beat the 11/14 winner.

It’s SO Iowa to fail to take care of their own business and miss (usually squander) opportunities to benefit from others’ stumbles.
The way they”ve been playing the last few weeks + the sideshow dramas and I fully expect them to finish with Ls at Wisc and Neb, then get beat by a loose Illannoy or NwU on Thursday, then drop to an 8, where they’ll be soundly beat by the likes of Oklahoma or Syracuse ... or Woffordo_O:(:mad:

It’s SO Iowa to fail to take care of their own business and miss (usually squander) opportunities to benefit from others’ stumbles.
The way they”ve been playing the last few weeks + the sideshow dramas and I fully expect them to finish with Ls at Wisc and Neb, then get beat by a loose Illannoy or NwU on Thursday, then drop to an 8, where they’ll be soundly beat by the likes of Oklahoma or Syracuse ... or Woffordo_O:(:mad:
Looks like you can move on to your next hobby and call it a season.

jack-nicholson-thomas-pollart.jpg

It's all good

:cool:

Its almost as if nobody wants the 4 seed in the BTT. Iowa loses to the fuckeyes, Wisconsin loses in double OT to indiana, Maryland gets destroyed by the fighting Standusky's.

Crazy stuff. what could have been......

If the B1G really an agenda, Indiana wouldn't have lost ten of twelve or something like that. They would have made sure Minnesota won at Rutgers, and Nebraska over Purdue. These last two weeks have shown just how deep this conference is.

Penn State is playing possessed right now. Even more so than Illinois or Rutgers. Myles Dread is hitting his stride. It's a shame we couldn't have taken care business in Columbus with Wisconsin and Maryland also losing because, for the 1,864th time, that four seed is going to be GOLD.

Anyone else want to see one of these bottom feeding bastards on Thursday? I didn't think so.

It is SO Iowa to win close games, hit buzzer beating winners, make clutch plays, have a decent chance for 5-5 conference road record, etc.

Sorry, wrong year. I know they still have to prove themselves in March. But here's a newsflash. They're going to get eliminated at some point. And it's going to sting for a bit.

It's what you sign on for as a fan. I'm sure the boards in Wisconsin and Maryland are up in arms right now, calling out Happ, wanting new coaches, etc. It's not just SO Iowa, it's everywhere.

After all the craziness in the Big Ten this season it took Iowa until near the end of the season to lose to a team below them in the standings...and that team is probably going to make the NCAA tournament. Minnesota was even with Iowa in the standings when they beat Iowa. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

I dont think the B1G wants to control every game throughout the year nor do I really think they have a bias as to who wins. But as the season plays out and we come to the last third of the games, i do think they have a bias because the one thing they would care about is getting teams in the tournament.

To me its the only plausible explanation to why the officiating is so bad for a lot of these teams because it happens at home as well.

Latest posts