Meanwhile in nebby...

Show me where I ever said Iowa football was an elite program.

I'll wait....

Just to speed this up I'll give you a hint: I never did. Ever.

What I did say is that Nebraska fans are delusional, Back To The Future wannabes who walk around and tout 30 year old accomplishments as reasons why they're too "good" for the B1G, or why they'll never stoop to the level of considering Iowa as a rival, and a million other ridiculous, decades old stories that have no bearing on their relevance today. If Nebraska is such an elite blue blood, why are they even with the lowly Hawkeyes since they joined? Why do they change coaches like underwear? The Foster Farms Bowl? but that championship 20 some years ago sure does seem to get brought up a lot. Let me fill ya in on a secret...if you have to dredge up wins that happened two or even three decades ago to defend your program, your team is a tire fire.

Nebraska fans are bad enough, but when someone who claims to be a Hawk fan comes on an Iowa board to try and defend (you did a miserable job, btw) the huskers it's a special kind of suck. The URL for the site you're actually looking for is huskerboard.com. You'll find plenty more cuckolded Iowa residents like yourself who have turned in their dignity in exchange for a cutoff belly shirt.

I get to Sheldon quite a bit, and I always wondered who the guy in the Dodge pickup with the cheesy "blackshirts" skull decal and the fake nuts on the trailer hitch was. Now I know. Please try to keep your mullet tucked under your Eric Church hat until you cross the river.

P.S....Try not use the word "we" when referring to the Hawkeyes. Anybody who comes here to brag about how awesome the huskers are and tells us the Hawkeyes suck doesn't get to use the "we" thing. "We" might not be as awesome of a group as your brothers in red, but you're by default not part of the "we" unless you have a turd in your pocket (from the smell of it when you were in the Hwy 18/60 Casey's the other day it might be the case).

That is one solid post and good read!! I'm going to resurrect my 1980's Nebraska thread.

If Nebby is flaming out then what is Iowa doing? At least Nebby is sticking with the times and trying to get better. Even a decent Hawk fan can recognize the disaster Pelini was brewing there and we all wish it stayed. Iowa hasn't won anything but a shared Big Ten title 13 years ago and an orange bowl against Georgia Tech? Lol. That's as irrelevant as Nebby's 97 National Chamiponship season. So what Iowa has beat Nebby 2 years in a row? We're 3-3 against them since they joined, we have the same number of division titles as them. We had our best season ever when they had one of their worst in history. I mean, we went 4-8 not too long ago. I love beating them, but we're getting out recruited as usual and who knows how long we can keep the pace, their brand is still stronger. Did you even read the article. Nebby has had only 2 5* recruits since 2000. Iowa in double digits. Nebby's brand has been declining. Iowa and other teams (Wisky, Northwestern) are not scared of Nebby. Nebby doesn't have that it factor anymore. Nebby has more wins this decade than Iowa, they haven't gotten blasted in 5 straight bowl games, or lost to an FCS team. I love 40-10 but that's just one game & anything can happen on any given Saturday. Especially when they play their backup walk-on QB with a broken wrist. That makes it even sweeter. Not. Let's actually beat a decent Nebby team like in 81 (if there will ever be one again).

Iowa will never be Nebraska historically but as long as we keep beating them then I don't care. I'll take what I can get even though Iowa is the most mocked team in P5 football.[/QUOTE]

This is a stretch. Most outside of the state of Iowa appreciates Iowa's fan base and loyalty to the Iowa teams.
Nebby has really lost their identity over the past several years, possibly going on two decades. They used to know who they were and imposed their will on people. Over the year with the coaching changes, they have kind of lost who they were and kind of got lost in the weeds with all the change. They lost their consistency. They are trying to get that back, but the question is if the landscape of college football changed so much that they can anymore. It is different. Recruiting challenges are different.

If Nebby is flaming out then what is Iowa doing? At least Nebby is sticking with the times and trying to get better. Even a decent Hawk fan can recognize the disaster Pelini was brewing there and we all wish it stayed. Iowa hasn't won anything but a shared Big Ten title 13 years ago and an orange bowl against Georgia Tech? Lol. That's as irrelevant as Nebby's 97 National Chamiponship season. So what Iowa has beat Nebby 2 years in a row? We're 3-3 against them since they joined, we have the same number of division titles as them. We had our best season ever when they had one of their worst in history. I mean, we went 4-8 not too long ago. I love beating them, but we're getting out recruited as usual and who knows how long we can keep the pace, their brand is still stronger. Nebby has more wins this decade than Iowa, they haven't gotten blasted in 5 straight bowl games, or lost to an FCS team. I love 40-10 but that's just one game & anything can happen on any given Saturday. Especially when they play their backup walk-on QB with a broken wrist. That makes it even sweeter. Not. Let's actually beat a decent Nebby team like in 81 (if there will ever be one again).

Iowa will never be Nebraska historically but as long as we keep beating them then I don't care. I'll take what I can get even though Iowa is the most mocked team in P5 football.

This is a stretch. Most outside of the state of Iowa appreciates Iowa's fan base and loyalty to the Iowa teams.
Nebby has really lost their identity over the past several years, possibly going on two decades. They used to know who they were and imposed their will on people. Over the year with the coaching changes, they have kind of lost who they were and kind of got lost in the weeds with all the change. They lost their consistency. They are trying to get that back, but the question is if the landscape of college football changed so much that they can anymore. It is different. Recruiting challenges are different.

If Nebby is flaming out then what is Iowa doing? At least Nebby is sticking with the times and trying to get better. Even a decent Hawk fan can recognize the disaster Pelini was brewing there and we all wish it stayed. Iowa hasn't won anything but a shared Big Ten title 13 years ago and an orange bowl against Georgia Tech? Lol. That's as irrelevant as Nebby's 97 National Chamiponship season. So what Iowa has beat Nebby 2 years in a row? We're 3-3 against them since they joined, we have the same number of division titles as them. We had our best season ever when they had one of their worst in history. I mean, we went 4-8 not too long ago. I love beating them, but we're getting out recruited as usual and who knows how long we can keep the pace, their brand is still stronger. Nebby has more wins this decade than Iowa, they haven't gotten blasted in 5 straight bowl games, or lost to an FCS team. I love 40-10 but that's just one game & anything can happen on any given Saturday. Especially when they play their backup walk-on QB with a broken wrist. That makes it even sweeter. Not. Let's actually beat a decent Nebby team like in 81 (if there will ever be one again).

Iowa will never be Nebraska historically but as long as we keep beating them then I don't care. I'll take what I can get even though Iowa is the most mocked team in P5 football.

There's no way this could be a lil debbie fan disguised now could it? Iowa has won 3 out of the last 4 and if it wasn't for a miraculous comeback and individual effort by Pierson El it would be the last 4 straight. These have been done mostly in dominating fashion and in their building for good measure. Nebraska is 1-8 vs Iowa and Wisconsin over the last 9 games and again, that 1 game was a game Iowa had a double digit lead in and lost in OT. And only once was it against Nebraska's back up QB. Ya know what Skirt fan, find a QB that can stay healthy for a season ...everyone has injuries it's not like our QB was NOT injured when we smacked ya around last season. Fact is Iowa has scoreboard on their neighbors to the west right now and there's not enough spin in the world to change that fact.

Was Sheldon annexed into Nebraska or something? God damn Putin.

I know it'll never happen, but one of my dreams is to live long enough to see a Fusker game not sell out. That's the only legitimate thing they still have to hang onto that's not either fake news or rooted in the 90s.

Notre Dame and Nebraska fans are the only two groups deluded enough to think that their accomplishments 30 years in the past still make them relevant and elite.

Local corporations will ensure a "sellout" for as long as necessary. There have been plenty of games with open seats. It's a bs "streak".

That's said, they had 70k+ at a practice "spring game".

They were really good 20 years ago.

40-10.

F nebby.

2 of our last 3 wins against them was against decent nebby teams(even their 5-7 season they were decent). That's exactly the point, they have been a decent to good program for the last 20 years...decent to good....that's it, not great, not even really good.

Iowa isn't elite, but we don't act like we somehow are owed the automatic right to be in that catagory.

On the field, the two programs are basically equal in terms of overall success. Nebby fans, in majority, don't believe that, despite reality.

Every year tells a different story. All three of their QB's, two freshmen, looked better than ours in their spring game.

They should definitely stop the "Black Shirts" commentary. They haven't been a dominate defensive team in years. I mean, that moniker should have been given a proper funeral after Wisconsin scored 70 on them. There should have been some sort of Proclamation in the State Senate that "Nebraska shall forever cease and desist the use of Black Shirts. They are welcome to rename their defense the Pink Shirts or Yellow Shirts. The latter signifies the urine stained field during the Wisconsin 70 point massacre."

They should definitely stop the "Black Shirts" commentary. They haven't been a dominate defensive team in years. I mean, that moniker should have been given a proper funeral after Wisconsin scored 70 on them. There should have been some sort of Proclamation in the State Senate that "Nebraska shall forever cease and desist the use of Black Shirts. They are welcome to rename their defense the Pink Shirts or Yellow Shirts. The latter signifies the urine stained field during the Wisconsin 70 point massacre."
I get it. But I can't give Wisky credit for anything. I refuse to watch a Nebby-Wisky game due to having to root for one of the red and whites. Not gunna happen.

Latest posts