Meanwhile, back on the court...

Absolutely, O$U is capable of winning it ut I would submit that our recruits and athletes are just as capable.

But a Quad 1 road win is always gold, and thus trumps the discussion of recruiting and athleticism. Sometimes I forget the forest for the trees!

Fran had a few years of misses in there (possibly due to the off court distractions with Patrick's cancer), but he has a really solid core of guys right now. Some of that is having more experience, but I think we have talent that compares rather favorably with teams like Ohio State, Minnesota, and even Wisconsin or Michigan to some extent.

I’ve been an Iowa basketball fan since the Ralph Miller days. I don’t care for Fran. Period. He is a petty, vindicitive, immature hothead and a poor ambassador to what was once a consistently successful basketball program. You support the coach all you want. I’ll support the program without kissing Franny’s ass. Enjoy.
Well big frigging whoop. I've been a fan since the Sharm Scheurman days and I love Fran.

Whoever was the coach for Iowa when I first starting listening to Hawkeye basketball on my little transistor radio, I just can’t recall. But the first players I remember were Tom Norman, Dick Peth, and Bruce”Sky” King. Whoever their coach was, was when I first became a Hawk fan.

Whoever was the coach for Iowa when I first starting listening to Hawkeye basketball on my little transistor radio, I just can’t recall. But the first players I remember were Tom Norman, Dick Peth, and Bruce”Sky” King. Whoever their coach was, was when I first became a Hawk fan.

May have started at tail of end of Dick Schultz years, who was followed by Lute Olson.

He didn't say all at same time ir together, just that they are the first players he remembered. My guess is Schultz was already gone, but not necessarily the case.

KZYERVJ.jpg