Meanwhile, back on the court...

In most circles a season and its success (or in lack thereof) includes how a team fares in the tournaments it plays in. Fran hasn't produced, no matter how much you try to spin it.

He hasn't produced enough in the post season. Period. I think most Iowa fans would agree with you. But he has Iowa back to where they are accustomed to being, and that's a regular NCAA participant. That's the first step - now we are all cheering him on to take the next. If you aren't, then you aren't an Iowa fan. Period.

He hasn't produced enough in the post season. Period. I think most Iowa fans would agree with you. But he has Iowa back to where they are accustomed to being, and that's a regular NCAA participant. That's the first step - now we are all cheering him on to take the next. If you aren't, then you aren't an Iowa fan. Period.
I'm just sick of hearing about Dolph and ready for some actual sports.

I'm just sick of hearing about Dolph and ready for some actual sports.
amen - the U of I athletic department did themselves a true disservice with all of this. More proof of how poorly it is run. They have divided the fan base in a time it should be united. It has forced sides. Created divisiveness and people dig in on one side or the other. Sound familiar? It's political and I hate that crap. I watch sports to shut that part out. I don't care if you think Fran should be fired - I don't care if you think he's COY - STFU and support the team. Sit back and enjoy basketball and the team that is having a hell of a year. If they were smart, they'd can Barta. At this point, IMO the only thing that can re-unite the black and gold.

I’ve been an Iowa basketball fan since the Ralph Miller days. I don’t care for Fran. Period. He is a petty, vindicitive, immature hothead and a poor ambassador to what was once a consistently successful basketball program. You support the coach all you want. I’ll support the program without kissing Franny’s ass. Enjoy.

I’ve been an Iowa basketball fan since the Ralph Miller days. I don’t care for Fran. Period. He is a petty, vindicitive, immature hothead and a poor ambassador to what was once a consistently successful basketball program. You support the coach all you want. I’ll support the program without kissing Franny’s ass. Enjoy.

Exactly, you're like a person who wants America to fail because of who are president is. A lot of good that is doing this country. I get it - you don't like Fran. It's unfortunate because he coaches the Black and Gold and will for some time. Don't like it, there's the door. He aint going anywhere and I will support him however I want. You act like he does nothing good for Iowa basketball, the state or the community of Iowa City. That's petty. The true definition of it.

in the 9 games after OSU lost 5 straight, they've gone 5-4. so you can say they're playing better, but they are 5-9 in their last 14 games. there are reasons teams go 5-9. we know this by virtue of watching iowa the past several seasons. no matter how much we'd think iowa could win, they wouldn't. i say iowa wins if they play their game. we are a bad matchup for OSU. but, garza and cook need to score in the paint and get their bigs in foul trouble and make free throws.

amen - the U of I athletic department did themselves a true disservice with all of this. More proof of how poorly it is run. They have divided the fan base in a time it should be united. It has forced sides. Created divisiveness and people dig in on one side or the other. Sound familiar? It's political and I hate that crap. I watch sports to shut that part out. I don't care if you think Fran should be fired - I don't care if you think he's COY - STFU and support the team. Sit back and enjoy basketball and the team that is having a hell of a year. If they were smart, they'd can Barta. At this point, IMO the only thing that can re-unite the black and gold.
Correct. The problem is Barta, not Fran. Even if Fran were pulling the strings on this whole Dolph thing (which I highly doubt) Barta is the one driving the decision to Learfield either way, and his refusal to answer any questions or speak out show his ineptitude. As if anyone needed proof.

Hope the game is fun, I have baseball practice tonight so it's a no-go for me.

Exactly, you're like a person who wants America to fail because of who are president is. A lot of good that is doing this country. I get it - you don't like Fran. It's unfortunate because he coaches the Black and Gold and will for some time. Don't like it, there's the door. He aint going anywhere and I will support him however I want. You act like he does nothing good for Iowa basketball, the state or the community of Iowa City. That's petty. The true definition of it.

Congratulations on your Superfan status. The sense of accomplishment you derive from that must be sooo satisfying.

In most circles a season and its success (or in lack thereof) includes how a team fares in the tournaments it plays in. Fran hasn't produced, no matter how much you try to spin it.
You are just being obtuse. So I won’t waste any more of my time.

You just described yourself in your own post/words. You don’t like Fran so you are being petty, vindictive, immature, a hothead and a poor ambassador for what looks to be a program on the rise. And you’re not supporting the program but keep telling yourself you are.

Congratulations on your Superfan status. The sense of accomplishment you derive from that must be sooo satisfying.
1) Bragging about how long you’ve been a fan of a particular program is like bragging that you’ve been breathing since you were born. There’s literally nothing impressive about it.

2) If you were a fan back in the Ralph Miller days, you’re most likely 5 to 7 years from sitting in a nursing home waiting for an underpaid CNA to change your diaper and wondering why your kids don’t come visit. Why waste these last few years being so salty?

And I don’t think I’d blame your kids.

Sorry to interrupt the lovefest between all y’all’s lips and Franny’s keister. Carry on.

I've only been a fan since the Davis years, so I am inferior - not superfan99 like I had hope.

I am in the minority, I obviously know that...but I want my coaches to be a little petty, vindictive, competitive, non complacent, jerks, hot heads - I want them to do everything they can for Iowa to win. Let's not act like Fran doesn't donate his time or isn't charitable. He's a dick to the media and refs, some of the best coaches to ever coach anything are dicks to the media and the refs. Give me that guy 10 times out of 10 over a softy.

Most coaches are petty and vindictive.

Immature hothead? Tough to argue with. Fran is what he is. Frankly I don't give a shit about him one way or the other. I'm just glad Iowa is winning.

this season has Fran haters so ticked off. They can't wait for the team to lose. They want it so badly, but sometimes that's now how it works out. Great fans.

I expect Iowa to lose a close one tonight. Road game against a team with a similar record? TOSU recruits at a higher level and has some great athletes. My typical prediction is if it's on the road, it's an L - when they pull them off it makes it that much sweeter. Go Hawks.

O$U recruits better and has better athletes? I'd like to know your "intent", because the "impact" is...well, what it is.

Most coaches are petty and vindictive.

Immature hothead? Tough to argue with. Fran is what he is. Frankly I don't give a shit about him one way or the other. I'm just glad Iowa is winning.
Win tonite.Huuge do-able.Players can and us FANS will enjoy.As Always Hawk Players Tough.Ptc/Luka and Moss Help.

O$U recruits better and has better athletes? I'd like to know your "intent", because the "impact" is...well, what it is.

yes to both questions. Who would argue that? My intent is to point out that this is a quad 1 road win and TOSU is more than capable of winning this game.

yes to both questions. Who would argue that? My intent is to point out that this is a quad 1 road win and TOSU is more than capable of winning this game.

Absolutely, O$U is capable of winning it ut I would submit that our recruits and athletes are just as capable.

But a Quad 1 road win is always gold, and thus trumps the discussion of recruiting and athleticism. Sometimes I forget the forest for the trees!