McShay 2.0 mock draft

Who were the last Hawkeye players selected in the first round in the same draft? No cheating!

That's easy. It was, of course, when my Browns traded 3 future #1's and 4 2nd round picks to get the top 3 picks in 2007 to draft kicker Kyle Schlicher, long snapper Daniel Olszta, and punter Andy Fenstermaker. (No idea if the 3 mentioned above even played in the same decade, let alone the same team, Just 3 special teamers I could think of from my lifetime. ;))

Actually I do know the real answer, but won't give it away for others. This is a great question!

That's easy. It was, of course, when my Browns traded 3 future #1's and 4 2nd round picks to get the top 3 picks in 2007 to draft kicker Kyle Schlicher, long snapper Daniel Olszta, and punter Andy Fenstermaker. (No idea if the 3 mentioned above even played in the same decade, let alone the same team, Just 3 special teamers I could think of from my lifetime. ;))

Actually I do know the real answer, but won't give it away for others. This is a great question!

That is some funny stuff. Hang in there. Most experts have them taking Barkley.

Unless JJ really opens eyes at the combine, I would expect Ward to be the first corner off the board. He has insane natural athletic ability. There's a couple of other corners that are in the mix in the first as well, such as Hughes out of UCF, and another out of Colorado. It will be interesting to see what order they go in after Ward. If JJ runs a sub 4.5 40 I think he has a good shot to be the second. If he runs above a 4.6, he could be the fourth. It's tight.

A lot will depend upon what defensive scheme a team runs. For example, JJ would fit perfectly in Seattle's defense, so I could see that happen at 18 if he's still there. If I had to guess right now, JJ is probably looking at 14-24 in the first.
I agree the combine will sort out their order quite a bit. I think Ward is closer to 5'10 or 5'11. JJ being 6'1 and as you say his 40 time will pretty much get a team to fall in love with him. If he were to run say a 4.48. I could see the 49ers taking him as high as 9. They need DBs and like the longer tall ones. One of them they have is 6'3 currently they drafted last yr. If JJ and Ward are basically a wash at the combine then tie might go to the taller one with as good of ball skills of anyone out there.

Nope. Slutzker was a 3rd rounder.

99topdawg sez he knows it. Feel free to buzz in anytime dawg. You Browns fans need even the smallest victories.:)

Ross Verba. I know that because I have a tie to him and remember how happy I was that he went to the Packers, a good team that could use him.

Reactions: trj
Nope. Slutzker was a 3rd rounder.

99topdawg sez he knows it. Feel free to buzz in anytime dawg. You Browns fans need even the smallest victories.:)

Ross ‘freakin’ Verba. I knew it was an o-lineman, but I couldn’t remember any names. So I just went with the tight end.

FWIW some draft analyst named Jared Tokarz posted yesterday that he spoke with Josh Jackson and that he's shooting to run sub-4.4s at the combine. If he pops a sub-4.4 40 with a 40+in vertical, at a legit 6'1, he has to be taken ahead of Ward.

Latest posts