McNutt Combine

Regarding McNutt's hands, this is from espn.com:

Who showed surest hands: Washington's Jermaine Kearse, Iowa's Marvin McNutt, Penn State's Derek Moye, Stanford's Chris Owusu, Toledo's Eric Page, Appalachian State's Brian Quick, Rutgers Mohamed Sanu and Baylor's Kendall Wright did not drop passes during the gauntlet drills or when I was watching them in other drills. The ball barely made a sound when McNutt caught it.

Great to see McNutt do so well today. It would make me very happy if the 49ers drafted him. Regardless he is going to make some NFL team very happy!

Wow I think he went from a 4th or 5th rd guy to if a team falls in love with him (49ers) to as high as a 2nd or 3rd. I predict that once receivers start going they will start flying off the shelves. There are a bunch of guys running under 4.4 so in a speed happy league once the top guys are gone teams won't want to miss out on the speedsters. With that said witch one are the Raiders taking?

4th or 5th? McNutt has been a consensus 2-4 round pick since the season ended...

I was really hoping McNutt falls to the Bears in the 3rd round but this combine may get teams looking at him in the 2nd.

4.54 forty, a long strider, a good combine, this will put him in that 2nd group behind Floyd and Blackmon. Floyd and Blackmon run in that same range so there is not a huge drop off from that 1st and 2nd group.

Haha...true, but that doesn't mean they have to go to Georgia Tech!

There are so many 4.3 and 4.4 guys down here that even after Georgia and the rest of the big dogs down here take their pick, there are plenty of them left over for teams like Georgia Tech.

So happy to see him do this well. I honestly thought he would struggle all around at the combine. I always thought of him as the really good player -that just can't run a good 40-type. If all this goes well and things work out in his favor, he's going to make a lot of money. I have no idea when he'll be drafted or anything, but he will, and I think his stock is clearly rising.

I always loved Mcnutt as a player and especially as a great hawkeye. I think a lot of people forget that he came in as a pretty good QB recruit. It didn't work out, and he had to switch positions. Now, I don't know him personally, or know what exactly happened with the position change and how he handled it. But I do know that from the fan's perspective, he handled it gracefully. He never complained. In fact, he did it so willingly, that he forever gained Ferentz's trust and respect. I think it's pretty clear that Ferentz wanted Mcnutt to break all the records and have all this success.

He shows a lot of maturity and I am happy for him, that he's having this success. Iowa has had a lot of talented athletes that don't live up to their hype, or their own talent. I wish all of those guys were the kind of man that Mcnutt is. Not trying to talk any trash or anything, but look at a guy like AJ Derby. I am Derby's same age, played HS football in Iowa, and always dreamed of being a Hawkeye, and I never got that chance (not holding a grudge). I'm not quite a big 10 athlete, sadly. It seems to me that Mcnutt was deeply grateful for the opportunity and truly remains humble through it all. He understands the concept: 'it's a privilege and not a right'. He is a true role model and I wish guys like Derby, DJK, and Wegher were more like Mcnutt, as people. It was never about Marvin, it was always about the team. I hope NFL teams see that.

So maybe now we won't have to hear that Iowa lacks speed at receiver.

Iowas lack of ability to get receivers open consistnetly never has or had anything to do with speed.

There are so many 4.3 and 4.4 guys down here that even after Georgia and the rest of the big dogs down here take their pick, there are plenty of them left over for teams like Georgia Tech.

Send some tape to Captain Kirk, ATL!!! PLEASE!?!? I do like Iowa's group coming in this year though...if their times are accurate we seem to have gotten some decent speed.

Well judging by the actual times those guys must not get invited to the combine.

Latest posts