McDonald's High School All-American Game Tonight. 7:05PM ESPN.

SpeedHawk24

Just a heads up. Harrison Barnes will be playing on the West squad. If you didn't get to see him play, here's your chance. Although with a stronger opposition than usual.

Sorry if it's been posted, didn't see it on front page of this board or the off-topic board.

I think I'll be cheering for the East squad, then. Sorry, the way Barnes treated the Clones with his announcement wasn't very classy. Call me petty if you want.

Happened to see the Dunk contest the other nite...Josh Selby,the much-discussed unsigned top 5 guard that Steve Forbes was allegedly very tight with, was winning this contest when I was watching...I know he is a lost cause for Iowa bb now, but I will say that if he would have ever worn a Hawk uni, he would have filled Carver...kid is electric. ...oh well...

I give a crap about ISU. They're the little brother: it's okay if the big brother (Iowa) beats them up, but I don't like to see other people disrespecting them (by inviting all cyclone fans to his announcement, and then picking UNC--not classy at all).

I give a crap about ISU. They're the little brother: it's okay if the big brother (Iowa) beats them up, but I don't like to see other people disrespecting them (by inviting all cyclone fans to his announcement, and then picking UNC--not classy at all).
I love it, Iowa should be the uprotective brother who allows the little brother that runs his mouth to get smacked around.

That's a gross mischaracterization of what he did. He invited his high school classmates to watch his announcement, the vast majority of whom were not delusional enough to think he was going to pick ISU. I know a lot of Cyclone fans and not a single one of them was upset about his announcement. They all thought it was very well done, in fact. From every account I've heard, the state of Iowa couldn't have a better representative than Barnes.

That's a gross mischaracterization of what he did. He invited his high school classmates to watch his announcement, the vast majority of whom were not delusional enough to think he was going to pick ISU. I know a lot of Cyclone fans and not a single one of them was upset about his announcement. They all thought it was very well done, in fact. From every account I've heard, the state of Iowa couldn't have a better representative than Barnes.

orly_owl.jpg

Hmmm... check this out...
Ames gets Busted by Barnes | MC 310: Sports Reporting

Umm, I call BS!

Umm, I call BS!

I'm not talking about message board posters, I'm talking about people associated with AHS. I have no doubt that people on Cyclone boards were upset, because that's what happens on internet forums.

If you want to root against a good kid who has done basically everything right, just because you didn't like one press conference, go ahead. I think that's absurd.

Happened to see the Dunk contest the other nite...Josh Selby,the much-discussed unsigned top 5 guard that Steve Forbes was allegedly very tight with, was winning this contest when I was watching...I know he is a lost cause for Iowa bb now, but I will say that if he would have ever worn a Hawk uni, he would have filled Carver...kid is electric. ...oh well...

Selby won the contest and I was very impressed with his athleticism. They need to allow people and props to be used. Hard to be creative in dunk contests with only ball and hoop.

Go ahead and move it off the jsubject,but I could care 2 shi s if Harrison Barnes scores one basket for Big Roy at North Carolina. What he did to ISU was pathetic. Lets hope that Big Roy got his last player from our state.

Go ahead and move it off the jsubject,but I could care 2 shi s if Harrison Barnes scores one basket for Big Roy at North Carolina. What he did to ISU was pathetic. Lets hope that Big Roy got his last player from our state.

Grow up.

What did he do to ISU that he didn't also do to Duke, Kansas, Oklahoma, and UCLA?

change your name to CYtalk :rolleyes:

There is no difference from what Barnes did then the other kids grabbing hats and throwing them out the way. Let the kid have his fun and spotlight this thing only come around once.

Latest posts