McCall violated team rules - not traveling to Lincoln

Agree with most posters in this thread. I feel we have seen the last of McCall in a hawkeye uniform.Just heard an update from reliable source on the McCall situation and if it comes to reality ... it is not good.

no, really? get the **** out of here. No really, get the **** out of here.

...and, maybe KF happened to hear about this "during" Purdue game, after the fumble and decided on the benching at that point.

probably best to wait for facts, and for future consideration, keep speculation, secrets, dreams, and thoughts to self unless you are speaking on stated facts, have proof, or are willing to throw someone else under the bus as a source.

Coker: 30 carries
Rogers: 2 carries
McNutt: 1 carry...... end around/reverse.

Last edited:
Over / under on how many RB's transfer after this season? I say at least two. Canizeri and McCall will not be back and I don't know why Bullock would come back. This one back nonsense is going to negatively impact our recruiting and retention. Before all of the "Coker rules" people jump in, understand this is not a dig at Coker, but he is a very one dimensional back. To quote KF "yards don't equal points" and just because Coker gets his yards, we still lost to MN (twice) and the Cyclowns.

Unreal that we play Coker exclusively, at the expense of some very talented RB's.

Over / under on how many RB's transfer after this season? I say at least two. Canizeri and McCall will not be back and I don't know why Bullock would come back. This one back nonsense is going to negatively impact our recruiting and retention. Before all of the "Coker rules" people jump in, understand this is not a dig at Coker, but he is a very one dimensional back. To quote KF "yards don't equal points" and just because Coker gets his yards, we still lost to MN (twice) and the Cyclowns.

Unreal that we play Coker exclusively, at the expense of some very talented RB's.

What a joke. Canzeri hasn't been seeing the field because he's got a bad hammy. When healthy he's seen spot carries and been one of our deep guys on kick offs. Bullocks also been banged up and had to deal with 2 position changes (RB to WR and WR back to RB after the McCall injury). Name me another program in the B10 in which true freshman regularly make an impact at the RB position?

were you born with that attitude or just grow into it,
there are 13 RB's on the roster 4 are fresh out of HS, coaching staffs recruit players that are as good or better than what they have, kids come into a program knowing who is ahead of them, they all knew Coker was a FR and more than likely was going to be the starter, they are not stupid
they all want to compete, if they can't beat out the starter they don't pout and quit, they work harder
do you think 4* Garmon, who is looking at Iowa is worried about playing time
its just like the QB spot, teams recruit 1 QB a year and we need one this year

poor poor Coker overworked at an avg of 24 carries pg, maybe he should tell KF he is working to hard, this team is not getting 80-85 playes a game, they are barely getting 60-70 playes a game, and with Vandy getting 30 passes a game, just where do you see the carries from
i hope Coker would get a minimum of 25 carries a game, when this team starts to put up more plays per game then you will see the others get their carries
get used to it KF will not take carries from Coker just to keep players happy or certain fans

poor poor Coker overworked at an avg of 24 carries pg, maybe he should tell KF he is working to hard, this team is not getting 80-85 playes a game, they are barely getting 60-70 playes a game, and with Vandy getting 30 passes a game, just where do you see the carries from
i hope Coker would get a minimum of 25 carries a game, when this team starts to put up more plays per game then you will see the others get their carries
get used to it KF will not take carries from Coker just to keep players happy or certain fans

Take carries from Coker? I didn't realize they were all his by default.

I will take that action. Man,you are one negative nancy,eh?
Bullock and Canzeri are going to transfer... why?

I get it. You believe that there should be no such thing as team rules.
McCall got two chances vs Purdue,and he missed the cut on the first and fumbled the second...and he is entitled to what?

Relax folks, McCall's status is not a program changer. If he toes the line,he will be back and better for it. If not, next man in. Coker is on his way to 1600 yards,the second best rb season in Iowa history.

Latest posts