McCall Gone

I'm not saying the cops are out to bust athletes (although they may be) but i would imagine that a lot of those Public intox and other less severe arrests in Iowa city would be a simple "go home and sleep it off son" in certain other college towns.

Well, yeah, because in a lot of college towns the police are more or less doing what they can to support the college's athletics.

These guys know what they're walking into when they get to Iowa City. The other players are telling them, the other students are telling them. Hell, it wouldn't be a stretch to think the coaches are telling them to keep their nose clean.

But it isn't sinking in, for whatever reason.

sometimes the rules are the problem, not the people or "rule-breakers"

This now qualifies as the most idiotic post that I have seen on this website, and believe me, there have been some other doosies!!!

This is a typical example of many of the current generation of 18-25 year olds--the rules don't apply to them or the should be able to write their own rules.

Playing football for the University of Iowa and receiving a scholarship is a PRIVILEGE not a right. The coaching staff sets the rules and if the players are unable to abide by them, then they need to make some other decisions about how to spend their time.

I only wish that I would have been able to be talented enough to have played for UI during my college years. I would have been an angel--to have the experience that these players have would have been beyond belief to me.

I am a proud graduate of Baxter High School. We are now playing football with Collins Maxwell and the best football player to come out of our high school ever gets thrown off the team because he is unable to keep his drinking under control and has to **** in public places--what a waste!!!

So explain to me how the rule for the players that says "don't get busted with marijuana in your car by the Des Moines Police Department" is in any way unreasonable???

sometimes the rules are the problem, not the people or "rule-breakers"
This now qualifies as the most idiotic post that I have seen on this website, and believe me, there have been some other doosies!!! This is a typical example of many of the current generation of 18-25 year olds--the rules don't apply to them or the should be able to write their own rules. Playing football for the University of Iowa and receiving a scholarship is a PRIVILEGE not a right. The coaching staff sets the rules and if the players are unable to abide by them, then they need to make some other decisions about how to spend their time. I only wish that I would have been able to be talented enough to have played for UI during my college years. I would have been an angel--to have the experience that these players have would have been beyond belief to me. I am a proud graduate of Baxter High School. We are now playing football with Collins Maxwell and the best football player to come out of our high school ever gets thrown off the team because he is unable to keep his drinking under control and has to **** in public places--what a waste!!! So explain to me how the rule for the players that says "don't get busted with marijuana in your car by the Des Moines Police Department" is in any way unreasonable???

Yea but he didn't do anything worse then Kirks son and James is still on the team

when was it released as to what McCall did
to make reference to James Ferentz
and all i have heard is that McCall is leaving on his own not that he was kicked off the team
James manned up and took the punishment and stayed
2 entirely different scenario's

when was it released as to what McCall did to make reference to James Ferentzand all i have heard is that McCall is leaving on his own not that he was kicked off the teamJames manned up and took the punishment and stayed2 entirely different scenario's

I wasn't talking about McCall I was talking about the person who the guy I quoted was talking about

If I recall correctly, the 2007 incident was Huntrods second incident.

Did you have any comment about ARob and his situation? Whizzing in public and marijuana possession are not comparable.

If I recall correctly, the 2007 incident was Huntrods second incident. Did you have any comment about ARob and his situation? Whizzing in public and marijuana possession are not comparable.

maybe I'm wrong but I thought James got busted twice. I agree the Arob deal was different

That sucks, I was really hoping for an individual that was strong, and could overcome his weaknesses. Instead we have a failure...

I can only imagine his heavyweight champion father feeling a HUGE let down....

His heavyweight champion father lost to Frank Bruno, for pete's sake. Then QUIT himself in his rematch with Lennox Lewis.

From the Insight live blog a few minutes ago:

Dolph to Kirk: Do you anticipate Marcus and McCall back next year? "I do. Separate cases, and will be treated as such. Hope things work out positively in both cases."

Dolph to Kirk: Do you anticipate Marcus and McCall back next year? "I do. Separate cases, and will be treated as such. Hope things work out positively in both cases."

Great news love to have um both back.

That's still a crazy open ended answer by Kirk. It doesn't make me think any more or less that they are staying.

he said that in a pregame interview with dolph.

Latest posts