Maybe Atwood is down to FSU & Iowa

Maybe if we take a page from Cyclone Fanatic, and everyone make their avatar a picture of Willie, he'll be overwhelmed and decide to come here. No less creepy than trying to decode his retweets.

Maybe if we take a page from Cyclone Fanatic, and everyone make their avatar a picture of Willie, he'll be overwhelmed and decide to come here. No less creepy than trying to decode his retweets.

That didn't work out too well for us. And we were definitely playing the "decode twitter" game too.

If he signs he signs, some of the posters on here have gone complete stalker status on these college kids...

"Who's that creepin in Willie Atwood's window?"

It's me, the 45 year old fat guy from Tipton, Iowa.[/QUOTE]

That would hardly narrow it down. Pretty much describes every 45yr old male in Notpit.

What are you doing on this thread ?
If he signs he signs, some of the posters on here have gone complete stalker status on these college kids...

"Who's that creepin in Willie Atwood's window?"

It's me, the 45 year old fat guy from Tipton, Iowa.

Does seem to indicate a possible change of mind which bodes well for our chances imo. I think as he ate his Cornflakes this morning he had decided not to pick Iowa but this could mean a reconsideration. Maybe Dickerson and Francis are still in his ear.

I think TD and Francis are working hard on this guy. Willie will be a Hawkeye in 24 hours!

How about:
Dickerson 1, with Gesell and Clemmons taking time there too
Gesell 2, with Oblesby and Ellingson backing up
Atwood/Uthoff 3, with Jok backing up
White 4, with Uhl and Atwood backing up, Uthoff can play there too
Woodbury 5, with Olaseni backing up

I think TD and Francis are working hard on this guy. Willie will be a Hawkeye in 24 hours!

How about:
Dickerson 1, with Gesell and Clemmons taking time there too
Gesell 2, with Oblesby and Ellingson backing up
Atwood/Uthoff 3, with Jok backing up
White 4, with Uhl and Atwood backing up, Uthoff can play there too
Woodbury 5, with Olaseni backing up

I am hoping that Jok/Ogelsby are splitting time at the 2 and Gesell/Dickerson splitting time at pg.

where was FSU playing in the postseason?

How did ASU do? And how many players are leaving their team?

Your true colors are showing and they aren't black and gold.

None of these teams have any post-season success to brag on when recruiting, so you can give it up with this tallest midget BS. I doubt Iowa's collapse and flame out in the play-in game is going to be the deciding factor for anyone.

Iowa can't recruit on post season success, nor can they recruit on anticipated post-season request. I mean they can, but it would sound ridiculous. Pointing out the obvious does not make one less of a fan.

None of these teams have any post-season success to brag on when recruiting, so you can give it up with this tallest midget BS. I doubt Iowa's collapse and flame out in the play-in game is going to be the deciding factor for anyone.

Iowa can't recruit on post season success, nor can they recruit on anticipated post-season request. I mean they can, but it would sound ridiculous. Pointing out the obvious does not make one less of a fan.

Cliche wasn't pointing it out though. He was just being a doosh. And he was ignoring the fact that Iowa has far more basketball history than FSU or ASU.

No, but a history of derogatory posts do.

Cliche wasn't pointing it out though. He was just being a doosh. And he was ignoring the fact that Iowa has far more basketball history than FSU or ASU.

LOL basketball history? Dude, last time Iowa was relevant in basketball, Willie Atwood was in grade school. Last time Iowa won a tournament game, Willie Atwood was in preschool. Unless he's super nostalgic for Iowa's history before he was born, we can't really sell him on our "history". Lute Olsen isn't walking through that door. Hamilton and Sendek have, respectively, had far more recent success at their schools than Fran or Iowa has had in the same amount of time.

He isn't ignoring anything, you guys are have a serious blind spot for the hole Iowa basketball has dug itself. Not saying that he won't come here, but if he does, it's not because of our "history".

LOL basketball history? Dude, last time Iowa was relevant in basketball, Willie Atwood was in grade school. Last time Iowa won a tournament game, Willie Atwood was in preschool. Unless he's super nostalgic for Iowa's history before he was born, we can't really sell him on our "history". Lute Olsen isn't walking through that door. Hamilton and Sendek have, respectively, had far more recent success at their schools than Fran or Iowa has had in the same amount of time.

He isn't ignoring anything, you guys are have a serious blind spot for the hole Iowa basketball has dug itself. Not saying that he won't come here, but if he does, it's not because of our "history".

Right because Sendek's conference records, 72-88 with NC State in ACC and 64-80 with ASU in PAC 12 and Hamilton's conference records, 21-35 with Ok. State in Big 12, 73-87 with Miami in Big East and 98-98 with FSU in ACC blows Iowa and Fran out of the water. Not to mention their combined 3 Sweet 16 appearances in 45 seasons in major conference basketball.

Sorry, you said the bolded. Sendek in 4 years that Fran has been at Iowa is 64-64 (29-43) @ ASU, with one NIT bid (lost second round) and one NCAA bid (lost first round). While Fran is 74-63 (30-42) with two NIT bids (lost second round and finished as runner-up) and one NCAA bid (lost first round). How has Sendek had far more recent success? And the B1G is far and away tougher than the PAC 12.

Sure Hamilton's record of 88-51 (41-27) is better than Iowa's the last 4 years with 2 NIT bids and 2 NCAA bids, but he's also been there for 12 years.

Last edited:
I still don't get all the Gesell at the 2 spot talk, the guy can't shoot well enough. Almost leave him at PG to spell Dickerson.

Right because Sendek's conference records, 72-88 with NC State in ACC and 64-80 with ASU in PAC 12 and Hamilton's conference records, 21-35 with Ok. State in Big 12, 73-87 with Miami in Big East and 98-98 with FSU in ACC blows Iowa and Fran out of the water. Not to mention their combined 3 Sweet 16 appearances in 45 seasons in major conference basketball.

Sorry, you said the bolded. Sendek in 4 years that Fran has been at Iowa is 64-64 (29-43) @ ASU, with one NIT bid (lost second round) and one NCAA bid (lost first round). While Fran is 74-63 (30-42) with two NIT bids (lost second round and finished as runner-up) and one NCAA bid (lost first round). How has Sendek had far more recent success? And the B1G is far and away tougher than the PAC 12.

Sure Hamilton's record of 88-51 (41-27) is better than Iowa's the last 4 years with 2 NIT bids and 2 NCAA bids, but he's also been there for 12 years.

Like I said before...tallest midget. They have very little "history" to brag on, and neither do we, so stop acting like going to Iowa is a no-brainer. What, are they calling Willie up right now saying "Listen man, Sendek has only been to one NCAA tournament and one NIT in the last four years. We've been to TWO NIT's!!!" Or maybe "Hamilton and Sendek only have 3 sweet 16's between them. Here at Iowa, we've been to the Sweet 16 three times in the past 30 years!!!".

HISTORY!

Latest posts