Maybe Atwood is down to FSU & Iowa

This whole recruiting situation needs to just end one way or the other. I'm getting real tired searching this site everyday hoping for some good news, only to read about stripper poles and crabs, or blue crew giving his 2 cents every other post. Hurry up and decide Willie!

This whole recruiting situation needs to just end one way or the other. I'm getting real tired searching this site everyday hoping for some good news, only to read about stripper poles and crabs, or blue crew giving his 2 cents every other post. Hurry up and decide Willie!

I like the way Willie has handle the process. He has taken all 3 of his visits, as he said he would. He wasn't wined and dined and pressured to make a decision on the spot at any of his visits.

He is meeting with his JUCO coaches sometime tonight or tomorrow to discuss everything before he goes public with his decision.

He sounds like a pretty mature kid and I think Iowa would be damn lucky to have him.

Perhaps you should collect stamps. Or take up some sort of hobby in the offseason.

HEY!!! I resemble that comment!!

But that's just my 2¢ .. .. :cool:

GO HAWKS!!!

I like the way Willie has handle the process. He has taken all 3 of his visits, as he said he would. He wasn't wined and dined and pressured to make a decision on the spot at any of his visits.He is meeting with his JUCO coaches sometime tonight or tomorrow to discuss everything before he goes public with his decision. He sounds like a pretty mature kid and I think Iowa would be damn lucky to have him.
I would agree. I think he has handled the spotlight well. He has stuck to his word and his plan. He gave the fans at each school props and seemed to be giving each visit it's due (juding by tweet's others have posted). It comes down to the best fit, as always. But Atwood could almost bank NCAA trips his 2 years at Iowa and potentially be "the man" at the 4 his second. He will get as many minutes at Iowa as he would FSU or ASU. So, if he's looking at competing in the best basketball conference, by far, then he picks Iowa.

Any one know what he's looking for academically? He seems to have a good grasp of things, maybe he's looking into that side now after visiting everywhere.

Do any of you find it ironic that he hasn't pulled the trigger yet for ASU or FSU - his two most recent visits?

I think it bodes well for Iowa that it is taking this long after his visits for him to decide.

It would be easy for a 20 year old kid to make a quick decision based off of what he saw in a place like Tempe.

Hopefully his JUCO coaches emphasize the oppurtunity he would have at Iowa in comparison to the other 2.

Not sure if serious but hilarious either way.

Oddly enough, he started following me on Twitter yesterday.

I just pulled up the list of people who he has recently followed and it skews heavily on AZ State--but do keep in mind that he was just there last weekend so much like he did with Iowa, he may have met some people he wants to stay in contact with.

There are two scholarships left in this class and Atwood and Huff would take those. Hutton would take 1 in the 2015 class. Those that think offering Thaddeus Hall means no Atwood should remember if Iowa were to get Huff, Hall, and Atwood that would not be that big of a deal. Atwood is really taking Basabe's spot. Huff would be taking White's spot next year as he is not eligible for 2014 and Hall would take Olaseni's spot after he graduates. Iowa needs these athletic bigs. I don't think they are compensating for losing Atwood, but more likely trying to get the players they need. Target the players you want when they are available is how it should work

Yes, Hall has nothing to do with Atwood at all. He is a shooting guard who is in the next class.

We have to ships open, one for Atwood who is a 3/4 and one for Huff who wants to play the 3 apparently.

Sign all 3 plus Hutton and we still have one more to give out after White, Gabe and JoshO graduate.

Most in the know at 247 have all switched back to ASU at about 9:30 tonight. They must be hearing something.

Hawk Harrelson says....

Latest posts