Maybe Atwood is down to FSU & Iowa

The two most recent picks on 247 both say AZ St. However, they have both said they are not confident in their selection and have no real reason for their selection other than some of the recent tweets from Atwood. Its fair to say that all three schools are all still options and that Willie has done an excellent job of keeping it out of the mainstream. Hopefully his friendship with Trey and the Iowa staff will pull him to IC. We shall know soon.

Anybody know what time Atwood is supposed to announce?

Is he doing it on twitter or having a presser?

Will there be hats involved?

This could be a good thing for us honestly. I think out of all 3 teams he is choosing from, we are most tournament ready which is all he tweeted about and said he wanted to do. So there's that.

I would also think it would be tough for either FSU or ASU to win on exposure. Nearly every Iowa game was televised not sure the same could be said for the other two programs.

I was feeling pretty confident.. but now, eh.. not so much. Considering he retweeted someone predicting they "Hope" he goes to Iowa but expects him to go to Arizona State.

As people said, hard to chose against our exposure and run & gun Offense with his good friend Trey Dickerson. Not to mention, we're a Tournament Ready team and a B1G contender if we land him.

I was feeling pretty confident.. but now, eh.. not so much. Considering he retweeted someone predicting they "Hope" he goes to Iowa but expects him to go to Arizona State.

As people said, hard to chose against our exposure and run & gun Offense with his good friend Trey Dickerson. Not to mention, we're a Tournament Ready team and a B1G contender if we land him.

I imagine the retweet was more for the comment on him being an impact player.

This could be a good thing for us honestly. I think out of all 3 teams he is choosing from, we are most tournament ready which is all he tweeted about and said he wanted to do. So there's that.
^^^^^^
this

The longer he waits .. the farther removed he is from all of his visits and the more his core desires will come to the surface. From what I've seen (mostly on HN), he wants to contribute right away and make a difference.

As mentioned in another thread, he can do that at:
  • ASU .. but at what cost? Limited exposure? Low expectations due to a rebuilding process that could take more years then he has eligibility?
  • FSU .. but again at what cost? Granted, the exposure will be near or at the level Iowa has, but what about the opportunity to play in the Dance? A deep NIT run doesn't necessarily translate to success the following year.
  • Iowa .. a Dance participant in need of what he brings to the table. He can make a difference, get exposure, AND Dance!!

GO HAWKS!!!

^^^^^^
this

The longer he waits .. the farther removed he is from all of his visits and the more his core desires will come to the surface. From what I've seen (mostly on HN), he wants to contribute right away and make a difference.

As mentioned in another thread, he can do that at:
  • ASU .. but at what cost? Limited exposure? Low expectations due to a rebuilding process that could take more years then he has eligibility?
  • FSU .. but again at what cost? Granted, the exposure will be near or at the level Iowa has, but what about the opportunity to play in the Dance? A deep NIT run doesn't necessarily translate to success the following year.
  • Iowa .. a Dance participant in need of what he brings to the table. He can make a difference, get exposure, AND Dance!!

GO HAWKS!!!

This is what my gut is telling me, too. Either that or it's time for lunch.

But seriously, I think the further he gets from the visits the more he'll realize what it is he actually wants. And he has to realize that of the three schools, Iowa by far will give him the most serious exposure, both from a TV standpoint and in the media. In the Phoenix metroplex, ASU sports is well down the list of activities getting local TV and news coverage, far behind the Suns, the Diamondbacks, the Cardinals and the Coyotes. On the Phoenix Wikipedia page, ASU barely merits a mention beyond the fact a college football game is played at Sun Devil Stadium.

Does seem to indicate a possible change of mind which bodes well for our chances imo. I think as he ate his Cornflakes this morning he had decided not to pick Iowa but this could mean a reconsideration. Maybe Dickerson and Francis are still in his ear.

If he signs he signs, some of the posters on here have gone complete stalker status on these college kids...

"Who's that creepin in Willie Atwood's window?"

It's me, the 45 year old fat guy from Tipton, Iowa.

Latest posts