Maybe Atwood is down to FSU & Iowa

I have no inside info. but I've been assuming this for a while. Since the tweet came out about him deciding between FSU and Iowa to which he replied he's still visiting ASU. I thought I heard ASU was losing a ton of guys this year, but this would indeed hurt their chances with him I'd assume. Thanks for the info.

I have no inside info. but I've been assuming this for a while. Since the tweet came out about him deciding between FSU and Iowa to which he replied he's still visiting ASU. I thought I heard ASU was losing a ton of guys this year, but this would indeed hurt their chances with him I'd assume. Thanks for the info.

Agreed, ASU always seemed like the long shot. Both guys visited this weekend and I'm sure it was one of these if Atwood commits we are pulling the offer, or whoever commits first gets the spot. They did have a ton of open scholarships, this makes their 6th guy this cycle. Not sure how many they even have left to use.

The fact that Fran is pursuing Cole Huff and Thaddeus Hall (granted he's 2015) makes me think the staff is not optimistic about Atwood. Or perhaps they're just covering their bases.

I don't feel optimistic about our chances with Atwood either. When he took his mother with him on his visit to Florida St., I figured that sealed the deal.

I don't feel optimistic about our chances with Atwood either. When he took his mother with him on his visit to Florida St., I figured that sealed the deal.

Either that or it had the opposite effect. I imagine that if his mom was on the trip, the people in charge of showing him a 'good time' didn't go all out...if you catch my drift.

The fact that Fran is pursuing Cole Huff and Thaddeus Hall (granted he's 2015) makes me think the staff is not optimistic about Atwood. Or perhaps they're just covering their bases.
I disagree with this. Huff won't be eligible to play until 15-16. By that time, White and Olesani are gone and Huff would be able to step in and play WITH Atwood.

As I mentioned in another thread, if Atwood wants to make a difference as he says he does, Iowa is the place to be.

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

Either that or it had the opposite effect. I imagine that if his mom was on the trip, the people in charge of showing him a 'good time' didn't go all out...if you catch my drift.

But if that's what would sell the kid... would we really want him?

I think his mother went along for the free trip to Florida.

Just my 2¢ .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

Just being realistic. I'm sure lots of recruits who have signed with Iowa in the past were taken to frat parties and had the red carpet rolled out during their visits.

yeah, just if it wasn't too "Extreme" as inferred by the other poster. Red carpet, yes. Stripper pole...not so much.

I could care less if Atwood saw a couple stripper poles during his visit to IC. Show the kid a good time and get him on campus and then get down to business.

I could care less if Atwood saw a couple stripper poles during his visit to IC. Show the kid a good time and get him on campus and then get down to business.
Just so we didn't send him home with anything extra if you know what I'm talkin about........(I'm talking about crabs)

I believe huff would need a scholarship now and so would hall meaning there are only two left

There are two scholarships left in this class and Atwood and Huff would take those. Hutton would take 1 in the 2015 class. Those that think offering Thaddeus Hall means no Atwood should remember if Iowa were to get Huff, Hall, and Atwood that would not be that big of a deal. Atwood is really taking Basabe's spot. Huff would be taking White's spot next year as he is not eligible for 2014 and Hall would take Olaseni's spot after he graduates. Iowa needs these athletic bigs. I don't think they are compensating for losing Atwood, but more likely trying to get the players they need. Target the players you want when they are available is how it should work

I wouldn't count out ASU. They are loading up on JUCO's and those could be kids Atwood is familiar with. They also hired a coach from Indian Hills and that could make Atwood more comfortable there, having a former JUCO coach there to help with the transition.

Latest posts