Maybe a 11 or 12 seed would be the best?

Except for the fact that this ranks as probably our third toughest road game of the season.

1. @ MSU - L 90-68
2. @ Pur - L 86-70
3. @ UW - ???
4. @ OSU - L 90-70
5. @ Minny - L 92-87

I get that. I just think their style leads to closer games which leads to possible upsets. My post was less about thinking we have a good chance to win and more about thinking if we played another average team, we would probably lose. Playing a big matchup game is a good way to get a team out of an energy slump.

I get that. I just think their style leads to closer games which leads to possible upsets. My post was less about thinking we have a good chance to win and more about thinking if we played another average team, we would probably lose. Playing a big matchup game is a good way to get a team out of an energy slump.
Agreed on their style hopefully keeping us in it. If we could have a good shooting night who knows.

I’ll be at the Kohl Center so I’m hoping it’s a good one but would not be surprised to get smoked again.

Yes, and like I said, all of those teams in that list were in Dayton for the First Four. Those are the Power 6 teams that back-door'd their way into the tournament, and 2019 Iowa is not a team that fits that description

If Iowa loses their last 2 regular season games and their only BTT game, I think they are knocking on the back door. I hope that isn't the case.

If Iowa loses their last 2 regular season games and their only BTT game, I think they are knocking on the back door. I hope that isn't the case.

The thing is nobody knows how the committee is going to use and interpret the NET. It will be part of the process but not the only thing. Plus at UW and at NEB aren’t going to hurt our NET.

I can’t envision a scenario where the team finishing a solo 6th in this year’s Big 10 is not in the NCAA Tournament.

Wisconsin is 3-3 in their last 6...not setting the world on fire. Two of those wins were at home over PSU by 4 and Illinois by 6. They aren’t playing much better than we are. Come Friday one of us will be 4-3 over the last 7 and the other 3-4.

I would rather play a game where both teams are giving 100% effort than play a game like the last one where only one team was.

The bright side is in the post season we'll only have to sit through one game of little to no effort.

Latest posts