May is the lonely leader

HawkeyeHypnosis

The Hawk Eye

I hope the best for Eric this coming season. He deserves it and I have faith in the kid. From article:

"I'm trying to get other guys involved, trying to get them to be leaders," May said after Sunday's game in the Prime Time League. "We have three juniors (Melsahn Basabe, Zach McCabe and Devyn Marble) - they want to be leaders. I've been pushing them to keep talking, be verbal at all times. If you're an upperclassman, you have to be a leader of this team."

"I've been feeling good," he said. "Workouts have gone well, the body's healthy. Staying with it, staying with the stretching. So I've been feeling good."

And that's important, because of the competitiveness on Iowa's roster. There's no guarantee of playing time, even for a senior, as the Hawkeyes have their most talented, and deep, roster since May has been with the program.

"When I was a freshman, it seemed like it was pretty laid out, who was going to be playing," May said. "There were only about eight guys who could play, and that was it. Now you're fighting for minutes. It's what it's supposed to be like. Every practice, you've got to get better. And if you're not getting better, someone else is, and you're going to lose your spot."

I'm so excited for Iowa basketball. Can't wait to see this upgrade in talent and competition pay off for the Hawks!

I hope he has a solid season...it won't be "Gatens-esque" but he deserves better than what last season brought him...I also still think he should look into a year with the FB team at FS...:D

I haven't been that high on May, but he definitely looks to be allot faster and more explosive than he was the last year and a half.

I still don't think he can do much in the half court but if Iowa can run as much as they want to he might make a real impact.

Some of the dunks hes been throwing down the last two PTL games are better than Ive ever seen him do. That reverse going full speed in traffic was ridiculous.

I haven't been that high on May, but he definitely looks to be allot faster and more explosive than he was the last year and a half.

I still don't think he can do much in the half court but if Iowa can run as much as they want to he might make a real impact.

Some of the dunks hes been throwing down the last two PTL games are better than Ive ever seen him do. That reverse going full speed in traffic was ridiculous.

If he's healthy he could be a factor on the defensive end of the court...God knows the Hawks could use it.

Latest posts