Matte finish helmets?

going to matte finish now would be 2 steps behind the curve. Now would be the time to go with a gold chrome reflective helmet.

List of things that will never happen:
#1 KF choosing CJ over JR
#2 altering of football uniforms

Let me clarify. I'm actually fine with the uniforms/jerseys staying the same. I was just thinking that it would be neat to freshen the look of the helmets. We could also change the look of the helmets for themed games. For example, for Blackout games the helmets would have a matte black finish with a glossy black tigerhawk and for Be Bold, Wear Gold games they would have a matte gold finish with glossy gold tigerhawks. For the veterans game against NW, I thought a matte gold finish with a glossy camo tigerhawk would have been neat.

The Iowa uniforms are just that, Iowa. They're old, stale, and predictable. Each and every week you know exactly what you're going to get with no surprises. God forbid we change things up.

We can go to Lowe's and get
AA_Stone_BleachedStone_12oz_L.ashx
and spray stone black paint on our helmets and get kick back to "Stone Age".

check my av, Sed Shaw rockin' the peels
<<<<<<
bring back the peels for a retro game, they were 1000% better than the crappy Reebok that came after them

Exactly. Our unis are perfect. We've had a few throwback games that were well executed, but the only other detour into alternative uniforms was this ill-fated nonsense that was actually about 20 years ahead of its time:

GetContent1.jpg

as for the original question, yes, Iowa should go matte black, and also black shoes/socks on the road, and bring back the larger uniform numbers from the first 2/3 of the KF era ... then uniforms would be perfect

The helmets from the 80's were pretty close to Matte finish. I think Iowa's current helmets are as close to black chrome as you can get.

Anyone see Oregon State's helmets? They had a white stripe on the facemask that from far away looked like Beaver teeth. Black matte with a black gloss tigerhawk would look sick. And I'm fine with altering the outdated Steeler's uniforms.

Yes, that would be um.....sick.

The laws of Hawkeye Football:

1. Do not change the helmet, except for the veterans game where one Tigerhawk is missing to represent the fallen and missing.

2. Do not change the uniform, unless a player dies; then all names are removed from the backs of jerseys and all gold stripes shall be removed in honor of their passing.

3. Do not change the swarm.

4. Do not change the pink locker room.

5. Do not widen the sidelines in Kinnick.

6. Do not change the fight song.

7. Do not change the intro music.

I actually like the winged 90's Iowa jerseys. It wouldn't be good if they went with it all the time, but I would like them to do one throwback game with these jerseys sometime. I think that would be pretty awesome. Overall, I like the fact that Iowa has a traditional look and they stick with it. I feel like it's the look of a more established program. I was just talking to a neighbor who is a Nebraska fan and he said "I don't like Iowa (obviously), but I do respect the fact that they keep the same uniforms. I wish Nebraska would continue to do that".