Matt Glover

HawkPhreek

Looks like he will for sure visit Iowa. If UCLA does officially come calling might be tough, but at least he is visiting. (nice picture on scout).

My friend thats on HR said that they were talking and UCLA wont offer because they dont like his transcripts?

My friend thats on HR said that they were talking and UCLA wont offer because they dont like his transcripts?

Mine said the same things. This is good news for Iowa as Nebraska has one scholly left and both Hubbard and Glover are interested. If they do indeed get one of them then we will most likely get the other, although the way things have been going lately that probably wont happen. I'm holding out hope that both Glover and Hubbard commit to Iowa!

I think Fran has done a great job with Hubbard and I think we have a real good shot with him. Glover..I don't know, but it's sure good that UCLA is not going to offer. Real good news.

Here's is a great quote right from the source, a player:

“They’re in the Big Ten, and I know they have some young players so there is going to be some good chemistry for the next three years that I could potentially be there. It’s not like they’re all seniors and they’re going to leave next year. We could build some good chemistry."

BOOM! Chemistry is HUGE in sports.

Here's is a great quote right from the source, a player:

“They’re in the Big Ten, and I know they have some young players so there is going to be some good chemistry for the next three years that I could potentially be there. It’s not like they’re all seniors and they’re going to leave next year. We could build some good chemistry."

BOOM! Chemistry is HUGE in sports.

Good Stuff !!! I like That he is visiting on signing weekend.

From Hawk Central:

“In high school, I needed to take language and chemistry to get into some schools,â€￾ Glover said. “It’s happened a couple times this year with schools like Butler, Cal-Berkeley and Boston College, it was the same situation.â€￾

Glover said there is no problem with him being admitted to Iowa. He will have three seasons of eligibility at whatever school he picks because he was an academic qualifier coming out of high school.

“I’m cleared and everything,â€￾ he said. “We’ve already went over the transcripts and stuff like that.â€￾

Ok so I have new dream, how about Stokes, Hubbard, and Glover.
2012 =Meyer, Woodbury, and another big.

I'd still prefer a big in this class, just to prevent ourselves from relying on a pair of true freshmen for major minutes in 2012. Especially since from the sounds of it, Woodbury is going to take at least a couple years to develop.

My dream (and I think it may just come true) would be Stokes, Hubbard and Olaseni. Having just Brommer and Archie at center next year would be my nightmare.

I'd still prefer a big in this class, just to prevent ourselves from relying on a pair of true freshmen for major minutes in 2012. Especially since from the sounds of it, Woodbury is going to take at least a couple years to develop.

I agree. Also dont forget you have Brommer(who gets in foul trouble easily) Archie(Who is injured a lot) and Basabee( He cant do it all) White(3/4 type player, not much of a post).

We defiantly need a big in this class.

Your probably right just got excited thinking about the scoring threats. Even though I think Basabe will be able to guard just about anybody.

Agreed with getting a big. I think getting Stokes, Hubbard, and Olaseni, gives us the all around best class too. That gives us help at every position.

Guys, I think Archie and Brommer are going to surprise a lot of people next year. We have a former NBA post as a coach. Think about it.

Guys, I think Archie and Brommer are going to surprise a lot of people next year. We have a former NBA post as a coach. Think about it.

I'm relatively optimistic about both of them as well. But we could still use one more, especially so that we have two players with experience going into 2012.

Here's a (somewhat frightening) thought: if it looks like none of the bigs we've been recruiting come through, does Fran bring back Cougs for a couple years?

Latest posts