Matt Gatens shouldn't see the floor the rest of the year

No, I just realize that this teams problems run deeper than the amount of minutes that John Lickliter gets. Complaining about him seems to be a bit of a red herring.

I think the John Lickliter 24 minutes plus Todd saying he should have played more minutes earlier in the year served as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for some people.

I think the John Lickliter 24 minutes plus Todd saying he should have played more minutes earlier in the year served as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for some people.

And then John got 6 minutes tonight. Doesn't mean the camel had it's load lightened.

Gatens threw up a towel after a horrible turnover in the second half. That is not what you want to see from your program cornerstone, and I do not blame the kid one bit.

Gatens threw up a towel after a horrible turnover in the second half. That is not what you want to see from your program cornerstone, and I do not blame the kid one bit.

Considering that Gatens had a terrible turnover of his own, that's tough to hear.

First of all what TL meant by saying he should have played John more, was not about John logging significant minutes, it was more about trusting him earlier in the season to come in and give Cully a rest. Way too much reading into that quote. And as for thinking it is okay for anyone including Gatens to throw in the towel, as I assume that is what you meant, is absolutely ridiculous. Things are tough so just give up? Please tell me I misinterpreted what you were saying.

First of all what TL meant by saying he should have played John more, was not about John logging significant minutes, it was more about trusting him earlier in the season to come in and give Cully a rest. Way too much reading into that quote. And as for thinking it is okay for anyone including Gatens to throw in the towel, as I assume that is what you meant, is absolutely ridiculous. Things are tough so just give up? Please tell me I misinterpreted what you were saying.

I think you did. I took it to mean that Gatens literally picked up a towel and raised it in the air as if to say "what the **** was that?"

Ah I see. Sorry. Like you said he had a bad turnover at a crucial time. I wonder if someone else on the bench threw up the towel for that one?

Shada had it right, he physically threw it in the air. Haha, and no I don't think anyone else on the team would get away with something like that.

Gatens leaves... and I am done with this team. He is probably the one player I'd like my sons to emmulate on the team.

Tonight would not have been the first time Matt has tossed a towel on the bench nor is it the first time I felt he just might get a T for his emotional display on the court (slammed the ball down when ref stopped play for injury to IL player) but that same emotion is what fuels him to get the most of his talent so let's just hope he learns to channel that energy and he continues to have a very solid career at Iowa.

Damn--the food wasn't great at the residence halls when I was there, but they weren't feeding us cotton-based absorbant cloths...

Or was this the result of one of Cougill's pranks where he acts all non-chalant and then switches his dirty laundry for your hamburger when you aren't paying attention, and then you don't notice it until you are half way through and you have accidentally eaten his dirty gym towel. That one is priceless.

Damn--the food wasn't great at the residence halls when I was there, but they weren't feeding us cotton-based absorbant cloths...

Or was this the result of one of Cougill's pranks where he acts all non-chalant and then switches his dirty laundry for your hamburger when you aren't paying attention, and then you don't notice it until you are half way through and you have accidentally eaten his dirty gym towel. That one is priceless.

:D:D:D

Latest posts