Matt Gatens shouldn't see the floor the rest of the year

ShadasRevenge

I mean, how bad was that turnover? Jumping in the air and throwing it to a guy who was triple teamed?

I'd rather see Nick Neari handling the ball.

i get the anger for the bad play, but Matt is 1 of the best players on the team- benching him would be silly

i get the anger for the bad play, but Matt is 1 of the best players on the team- benching him would be silly

It's a joke because Shada is ****** that others (most) have said his boy little Lick shouldn't see the floor the rest of the year.

It's a joke because Shada is ****** that others (most) have said his boy little Lick shouldn't see the floor the rest of the year.

No, I just realize that this teams problems run deeper than the amount of minutes that John Lickliter gets. Complaining about him seems to be a bit of a red herring.

You are correct they run Deeper. It starts at the TOP!!!!!!

Again, that's also an easy argument to make based on the performance of the team. If there is a mass exodus of players after the season, I'll agree with you.

If there aren't, Lickliter deserves a chance to coach a full returning roster. Well...maybe deserves is a strong word, but he'll get that chance regardless.

Again, that's also an easy argument to make based on the performance of the team. If there is a mass exodus of players after the season, I'll agree with you.

If there aren't, Lickliter deserves a chance to coach a full returning roster. Well...maybe deserves is a strong word, but he'll get that chance regardless.

Yes and there will even be less people in the seats next year and Iowa BB program will lose even more money.

It's sad but when I saw this thread I thought what if Matt had went elsewhere... I think we could all agree that here at Iowa he is probably asked to do more than he should. I guess the first comparison that came to mind was Bohanon at Wisconsin, because he is an Iowa kid. If Gatens would have went to a school like Wisconsin where he was a role player and not expected to be a leading scorer he could have flourished. Granted I'm glad he is a hawkeye but just a thought...

Honestly, i think it's more along the lines of Iowa fans deserve to see a full returning roster and a good class with this regime.

I mean, how bad was that turnover? Jumping in the air and throwing it to a guy who was triple teamed?

I'd rather see Nick Neari handling the ball.

I'm with ya Shada, and caught the sarcasm immediately. Someone else will be the flavor of the day whipping-boy, no doubt, since John didn't see much action.