Masoli what's the over and under

tomhawk80907

he plays again this year. Oregon has proven that "suspended for the year" doesn't mean suspended for the year.

Coach will say he is contrite, learned his lesson, has rehabed and stayed with the team and is deserving of a second chance. I give it to the 5th or 6th game of the year.

he plays again this year. Oregon has proven that "suspended for the year" doesn't mean suspended for the year.

Coach will say he is contrite, learned his lesson, has rehabed and stayed with the team and is deserving of a second chance. I give it to the 5th or 6th game of the year.

If I thought it was just the coach pulling this string I would say you are right. But different situations call for different punishments, committing a crime of passion, like killing your wife's bf, or punching a guy running his mouth after a huge football game, is not frowned on as much as committing a random act of crime.

If I thought it was just the coach pulling this string I would say you are right. But different situations call for different punishments, committing a crime of passion, like killing your wife's bf, or punching a guy running his mouth after a huge football game, is not frowned on as much as committing a random act of crime.

I hope someone that kills someone is looked at a little harsher than stealing electronics, but that's just me.

I get your point, but that is a bit much....

I think he's done for the season...Kelly even said that it's not so much for the crime itself but for the dishonesty he continually showed to the coaches and the program by continuously lying to everyone about it...he even put it on Masoli to use his redshirt if he wants to, but it's his decision.

What bothered me is that runningback lewhateverhisnameis got to plead guilty to a misdemeanor for harrassment of his ex-girlfriend in exchange for 4 other "more serious domestic violence charges being dropped"...that got him a one gamer...and probably has every woman on campus wondering "what the hell???".

I think Masoli is definitely gone for the year. Breaking into someone's home to steal expensive electronic equipment is calculated criminal behavior. Much worse than losing your temper on the field with an obnoxious trash talker. I thought Kelly did the right thing in letting Blount return to the team last year, and there's no reason to believe that he will respond the same way to this much more serious transgression.

It's easy to make a superficial argument about lenient coaches/programs. Kelly gave Blount a second chance last year, and golly gee look what happened now! But does Masoli's present deuchebaggery prove that Kelly was wrong to let Blount back on the team? As far as I can tell, Blount learned HIS lesson and is keeping his nose clean.

Hawkeye fans should be a little slower to make these sorts of judgements about other teams considering all the haters (especially Cyclown and Goofer fans) who have been defecating egg rolls about Adrian Clayborn for over a year now. Ferentz weathered a lot of criticism for standing behind AC, but now both have been vindicated.

Let he who has never conducted himself in a disorderly fashion cast the first stone.

If this was a normal position player I would think he'd be back after a few games. Given that this is the quarterback I don't think they'll want to switch it up mid-season.

It was much easier for him to reinstate Blunt last year because he came in to split time with James.

I live in Portland, and he is done for the year. Kelly got all kinds of crap from local media and even Duck fans for letting Blount play last year. I don't think it was for the time length, but he said he was done and brought him back. If he would have said he is suspended for 5 games, then brought him back, nothing would have been said. BTW, I thought a full season suspension for the punch was uncalled for, and I am by no means a Duck fan.

Last edited:
I live in Portland, and he is done for the year. Kelly got all kinds of crap from local media and even Duck fans for letting Blount play last year. I don't think it was for the time length, but he said he was done and brought him back. If he would have said he is suspended for 5 games, then brought him back, nothing would have been said. BTW, I thought a full season suspension for the punch was uncalled for, and I am by no means a Duck fan.

The mistake that Blount made was not being a 6'8 chick on Baylor's bball team.

I think the only reason why Kelly let blount come back was the fact it was his last year and he wanted to at least help him by getting him some game film for the scouts that year. Masoli on the other hand still has a redshirt and more years to play.

Why would Kelly kill Masoli's redshirt year after 5 or 6 games when he could have him for the entire 2011 season? Hawkeye fans shouldn't rush to judgement either. It wasn't that long ago that Iowa had 18 players run afoul of the law in a 15 month span.

Why would Kelly kill Masoli's redshirt year after 5 or 6 games when he could have him for the entire 2011 season? Hawkeye fans shouldn't rush to judgement either. It wasn't that long ago that Iowa had 18 players run afoul of the law in a 15 month span.

Pretty sure none of them burglarized a frat house...probably shouldn't compare public intox to actual crime...and if you want to include the rapists, they're no longer with the team, period.

Pretty sure none of them burglarized a frat house...probably shouldn't compare public intox to actual crime...and if you want to include the rapists, they're no longer with the team, period.

Well you shouldn't be comparing burglary to rape either. The punishment fit the crime for Masoli and the punishment fit the crime for Satterfield and Everson. Stealing laptops warrants a different punishment than sexually assaulting a woman.

Latest posts