Maryland WAS favored

Don't get the idea that Maryland is a good football team. They suck bad. The fact they were favored was very surprising, but ended up being the right call. We should of beat them by 3 TDs.

Iowa should have won.
Horrible game plan
Horrible coaching.
Like a broken record. SOS every week.

That being said, Maryland is a far better team than ISU and we lost to them at Kinnick. Maryland lost to W. Virginia 40-37. West Virginia just kicked Baylor's ***. Baylor is a team that many thought was a final 4 team.
Maryland is a decent d-1 football team, nothing great, but decent.

^^ are you crazy for writing the bolded part above. The hawks are like 6-1 in their last seven on the road not counting the last bowl game.

The hawks are tough on the road, road warriors.

I cant believe you said that.

Now I am not giving the coaches absolution for a pathetic effort at Maryland which should have been a win.

UI, you are right. My statement was a wrong statement. I got carried away in the moment and should have caught myself. Appreciate you pointing out my mistake.

Some Iowa fans are arrogant enough to think that Iowa should roll into Byrd Stadium and blow out the Terps....they have been whining about adding such poor fb schools as RU and the Terps all summer, and when we lose, they turn on their Hawkeyes and refuse to give credit to Md. Iowa could have won that game, but the pick-six doomed us. Likely, that D-back, will be in the NFL along with Long and Diggs. The Terps have some NFl quality players, so we better be ready next year when they come to Kinnick.

Some Iowa fans are arrogant enough to think that Iowa should roll into Byrd Stadium and blow out the Terps....they have been whining about adding such poor fb schools as RU and the Terps all summer, and when we lose, they turn on their Hawkeyes and refuse to give credit to Md. Iowa could have won that game, but the pick-six doomed us. Likely, that D-back, will be in the NFL along with Long and Diggs. The Terps have some NFl quality players, so we better be ready next year when they come to Kinnick.

No doubt we better be ready, I had this as a 60% win this year for Maryland because I knew they had speed and speed kills Iowa. I didnt know a ton about Maryland from watching last year but the BTN had enough on them in July and August to see they have some very good skill position players.

I was just disheartened to see us not try to bully a smaller front seven and negate their speed on defense.

I love how people give the thumbs down but don't refute the points.

Our schedule is one of the easiest first 7 games of an FBS team ever. This team is being coached into the toilet.

I love how people care too much about whether their posts were 'liked' or not :cool:

I love how people care too much about whether their posts were 'liked' or not :cool:

I gave you a like since I know how much you care.
biggrin.png

To me the loss isn't the problem. I had them losing this game at the beginning of the season as did many others. But coming out and getting beat pretty badly in all three phases of the game is what I believe isn't sitting well with most folks. For a team that has long prided itself on sound fundamentals solid execution and a history of improvement as the season progresses to play as bad a fundamental football as what we saw last Saturday in the 7th game of the season is cause for concern.

Exactly.

I was proud of the effort shown in that last rally. But for the coaches to then **** it down their leg with poor clock/sideline management AGAIN....

They were favored because Iowa's offense is anemic and their coaching staff are made up of a bunch of football ******* monkeys that can't get it together.

I expect Maryland to be favored when Iowa loses to a horrible ISU.

I expect Maryland to be favored when Iowa almost loses to an even more pathetic Ball State.

I expect Maryland to be favored when Iowa almost loses to a horrible Pitt.

I expect Maryland to be favored when Iowa gives up a billion rushing yards to Indiana.

What I don't expect is for Iowa fans to be ok with Iowa losing because Maryland was favored.

You're just another Iowa fan full of excuses on why it's ok for Iowa to suck. You're delusion that Iowa is going to beat jNW is almost as pathetic as you being ok that Iowa lost to Maryland because Maryland was favored. Take a look back at ISU, UNI, Ball St, and Pitt and tell me again how Iowa should be jNW because they're not as athletic as Maryland. Iowa has proven many times this season the competition doesn't matter, they're going to find a way to keep their opponent in the game.

Do me a favor, I'll PM you my address and you can send me a pair of those Rose colored glasses you've been wearing while watching Iowa play this year. I'd love to think that they're not one of the worst teams in the Big 10.

oh yeah...Iowa has Jake "checkdown" Rudock as their QB and until that changes Iowa is done.

If you have critiques of the Iowa football program, you're clearly not a Hawkeye/football/sports fan. Why do you hate America?

There are teams that Iowa beats by 21 that they should beat by 41. There are teams that Iowa narrowly beats that they should blow out. There are teams they lose to that they should blow out. Just look at the plays other teams run and execute with frequency, those are practically a trick play in Iowa's book, and that's because Iowa doesn't run them--not because they can't. There's no urgency on offense. If you have the ball, run plays with the intention of getting your team to the end zone.

Apologies to all for thinking Iowa has the talent to be playing better.

But, the Terps are a decent team. Certainly better than 'Lil brother' over west of the Mecca.

Looking ahead, I see a Northwestern team that is not nearly as athletic or
experienced as the Maryland football team. In fact, Maryland might be the most
athletic team we face
, until Bowl season.

Uhhhhhh......

If you have critiques of the Iowa football program, you're clearly not a Hawkeye/football/sports fan. Why do you hate America?

There are teams that Iowa beats by 21 that they should beat by 41. There are teams that Iowa narrowly beats that they should blow out. There are teams they lose to that they should blow out. Just look at the plays other teams run and execute with frequency, those are practically a trick play in Iowa's book, and that's because Iowa doesn't run them--not because they can't. There's no urgency on offense. If you have the ball, run plays with the intention of getting your team to the end zone.

Apologies to all for thinking Iowa has the talent to be playing better.

Very well put. The idea is score as many points and give up as few as possible.

People are upset because it's been the same old story since the season of 2005. 2009 was the blip since that year and there were three games where the football gods were very good to them that year. The program peaked in 2004 and has steadily declined since then. The health issues with Norm and the inability to replace great coaches and recruiters (BB) are the reasons for the decline.

Sad but I don't think KF will be able to make the proper changes and it will be a sad end to what could have been a great 20 year run at one school.

Finally! Someone else who seems to have the exact same view as myself. Kirk had 4 good years as a coach, and two extremely lucky years.

He ONLY wins by lucking out on several recruits or walk-ons in a given year that nobody else was interested in that end up being all-world players. Then he takes players with mostly limited tools, and puts them in offensive and defensive systems where they are expected to execute everything to perfection for the team to win.

Let me reiterate that. Kirk recruits two star players, on purpose, and then tries to make them execute like professional football players in a professional like offense or defense. Some pro teams that operate on the premise of long, perfectly executed drives and stifling defense fail to do it well and lose. Pro teams, made up of players with at least twice the level of physical talent than the players Kirk seeks out, can't execute Iowa's offensive and defensive philosophy.

But some fans continue to support him. It boggles my mind. He asks too much from the level of talent he recruits. Therefore, he can't get the team to execute as he wishes, and loses games.

Latest posts