Marvin McNutt to Keokuk

SCHawkeye2

Boy, I don't know how he is going to do in Keokuk or really how well he's going to like living there.

If he can make them relevant as a contender, it would prove he's got something coaching. Good luck to him.

When is the last time Keokuk was ever mentioned contending in any sport? Serious ?

Boy, I don't know how he is going to do in Keokuk or really how well he's going to like living there.

If he can make them relevant as a contender, it would prove he's got something coaching. Good luck to him.

When is the last time Keokuk was ever mentioned contending in any sport? Serious ?

Not sure if they won games, but James Vandenberg set a lot of records there.

Not sure if they won games, but James Vandenberg set a lot of records there.

Yes, I was wondering if there was a connection there involving JVB. Did JVB mention to McNutt that the Keokuk job was open? You have to wonder what exactly drove McNutt to consider it?

Yes, I was wondering if there was a connection there involving JVB. Did JVB mention to McNutt that the Keokuk job was open? You have to wonder what exactly drove McNutt to consider it?

I mean Keokuk. I'm thinking white pasty scraggly dudes with Old Gold's rolled up in their T-shirt sleeves like 1980's style and 12 yrs olds dragging on heaters on the sidewalks.

My bad to all of your Keokuk fans. I kid because I care.

I do wonder since his roots are in St. Louis if the geography played a role in his decision to be relatively close to St. Louis.

The girls bowling team just won state. Wait, is bowling a sport? Miracle Ailes won state high jump titles recently, she competes for Alabama now.

After the unrest with some of the minorities, wasn't McNutt part of the group that were meeting with Kirk. Kirk later disbanded the group. Could McNutt be ignored or blacklisted by Kirk???

I mean Keokuk. I'm thinking white pasty scraggly dudes with Old Gold's rolled up in their T-shirt sleeves like 1980's style and 12 yrs olds dragging on heaters on the sidewalks.

My bad to all of your Keokuk fans. I kid because I care.

I do wonder since his roots are in St. Louis if the geography played a role in his decision to be relatively close to St. Louis.

Don't get me wrong. I grew up 20 miles from Keokuk. But Keokuk is definitely an old declining river town. Population peaked in the 1960's at 16,000. Now it's down to just a little over 9,000. It has seen it's better days.

Thanks for the info! He records there were pretty ridiculous. Kind of feels like his talent was a bit squandered at Iowa.
Had 1 great yr for us and then was a victim of Greg Davis for his senior yr.... I don't think it's been brought up much but that yr when we changed OCs from KOK to Davis had some serious growing pains and that was with a returning starting qb. I sure as hell hope we don't have a repeat of that with Lester.

Had 1 great yr for us and then was a victim of Greg Davis for his senior yr.... I don't think it's been brought up much but that yr when we changed OCs from KOK to Davis had some serious growing pains and that was with a returning starting qb. I sure as hell hope we don't have a repeat of that with Lester.

This transition feels a little less like the square peg going in the round hole that was Greg Davis. But I still contend that the best QB development in the KF era took place under his watch, even if his offense was a clunky mesh with KF's.

This transition feels a little less like the square peg going in the round hole that was Greg Davis. But I still contend that the best QB development in the KF era took place under his watch, even if his offense was a clunky mesh with KF's.
Nah. I think the best QB development was under KOK and I think Okeef will agree.

JV in HS:

4th in single season passing yards
11th in career passing yards
5th in season completions
12th in career completions
1st in season passing TD's
7th in career passing TD's
2022 HOF inductee

JV in HS:

4th in single season passing yards
11th in career passing yards
5th in season completions
12th in career completions
1st in season passing TD's
7th in career passing TD's
2022 HOF inductee

Those are national ranks, right?

Agree on Davis, and who were the wide receivers Vandenberg had to throw to his senior year? I honestly can't remember them but they were....not great. Brad Banks had Mo Brown and CJ Jones. One year Drew Tate had Ed Heinkel and Clinton Solomon. Stanzi had McNutt and DJK. Vandenberg got McNutt's Sr year, then McNutt graduated and the cupboard was bare.

Latest posts