Marty Tirrell Predicts....

GrimesHawkI

that Iowa has a 60 percent chance of losing this game Saturday. He says if they lose to MSU, look for them to lose one of their last 3 at home and get blown out at Ohio St. Then the HAwks will go back to Tampa this year.

Dont shoot me....thats what I heard on his show yesterday.

GHI

When the majority of the sports world says one thing, he likes to go the other way...not because he really thinks or believes it, but because it will irritate you and hopefully get you to call or to post about it and his show on a message board...which it did. So mission accomplished ;)

It must be a "Marty and Miller" thing...last year Ken said that if Iowa lost to Illinois there was no way they'd beat Penn State...

It must be a "Marty and Miller" thing...last year Ken said that if Iowa lost to Illinois there was no way they'd beat Penn State...

Not many people were picking Iowa to beat PSU outisde of the most ardent believers. I can't fault Ken for that. Ken knows his college football, and I don't know anyone that watches more college games on a weekly basis than he does. Doesn't mean he will always be right, no one is...but his opinions come from an informed perspective.

Well, it's a good thing that about 87% of what comes out of Marty's mouth is either A) not true or B) words that'd make a sailor blush. So, I guess we're covered then. Hawks win.

And besides, since when is Marty Tirrell an expert on anything sports?

that Iowa has a 60 percent chance of losing this game Saturday. He says if they lose to MSU, look for them to lose one of their last 3 at home and get blown out at Ohio St. Then the HAwks will go back to Tampa this year.

Dont shoot me....thats what I heard on his show yesterday.

GHI

The sooner you learn not to listen to Marty, the sooner you will enjoy your life.

It's much like giving up a bad habit. I learned to quit! So can you! :)

Where did all those people go that said they we're switching off Matt Perault in favor of Marty because of all the Iowa hate Matt was spewing? Seems Iowa can't get any love at the 4pm-7pm time slot...

Where did all those people go that said they we're switching off Matt Perault in favor of Marty because of all the Iowa hate Matt was spewing? Seems Iowa can't get any love at the 4pm-7pm time slot...

LOL. that is funny.

You have to attempt to be entertaining in radio...and you push the edges sometimes. Some just do it more than others.

Nothing gets more listeners than making people mad. That all this is. Plus when/if they ever do lose the "i told you so" is in his back pocket. If you listen to him very often you can play the same weeks shows over and over and just insert this weeks opponent. He said Wisky was gonna beat us by at least 20?!?!?!? Hell he was even singing a song about it. He does a good job of not bringing up all the times he's been wrong.

He also said we were going to get beat by Wisconsin last week. He does have an entertaining show when I get to listen to it though.

The mouth is a monkey. I would look forward to farting in his general direction. Although all told, I listen to his show so what does that say about me...in the words of Alanis, isnt it ironic?

Go hawks.

I did. Perrault comes off as the kind of guy who has to constantly remind you of how smart he is. With Marty you at least know that 1/2 the time what he says is BS.

I did. Perrault comes off as the kind of guy who has to constantly remind you of how smart he is. With Marty you at least know that 1/2 the time what he says is BS.

I listen to Bob Bruce in the afternoon - 600 WMT. Good mix of sports, politics, and general talk.

Plus, he's a Hawkeye Homer

That is just Marty trying to fire us up and get us to call in to argue with him. He also said we would lose to Michigan and Wisconsin. He still has a decent show and the way he picks game I say keep picking against the Hawks.

Latest posts