Mark Dantonio Resigns as Michigan State Football Coach

If I were AD, he'd be my first call. Fickell is fine with OSU caliber talent and in inferior conferences, but Pellini was competitive in Lincoln with talent on par with what MSU can expect to get.
Fickell is pulling in the best G5 recruiting class ever. 5 4-stars. Granted, Cincinnati isn't your typical G5 school (they were BCS under that system), but he's doing extremely well there.

If I were AD, he'd be my first call. Fickell is fine with OSU caliber talent and in inferior conferences, but Pellini was competitive in Lincoln with talent on par with what MSU can expect to get.
I'm a Pelini fan, but no way would I leave LSU for that even with HC pay.

I'm a Pelini fan, but no way would I leave LSU for that even with HC pay.

I'm not totally sure. They would need a lucrative deal for him. I agree that I think he would want to do 2 years at LSU, put up a top 10 defense back to back seasons and then maybe find himself in the running for an elite job, but I think that at this point in his career, MSU even with the warts, is probably about the high water mark for what he can land.

Because he knows they're fucked. He got out at the perfect time for him.

It also releases all MSU signees from their NLI if they so choose.

But who's to say this won't blow over like every other recent allegation they've faced. I honestly want to believe you, but we've seen the NCAA look the other way so many times before that I put absolutely no faith in any kind of repercussions handed down to them from the NCAA. Honestly, any slap on the wrist or sanctions of any kind would result in me celebrating simply because the NCAA can only look the other way so many times before they have to act, but even now I'm not convinced it'll be anything more than a gentle pat on the shoulder and a "we're very disappointed in your conduct please don't do this again".

But who's to say this won't blow over like every other recent allegation they've faced. I honestly want to believe you, but we've seen the NCAA look the other way so many times before that I put absolutely no faith in any kind of repercussions handed down to them from the NCAA. Honestly, any slap on the wrist or sanctions of any kind would result in me celebrating simply because the NCAA can only look the other way so many times before they have to act, but even now I'm not convinced it'll be anything more than a gentle pat on the shoulder and a "we're very disappointed in your conduct please don't do this again".

Yeah, the AD might look at the roster and realize they have 81 guys on scholly and then decide to voluntarily sit out a bowl this year as some sort of self-enforcement action. "We will forfeit 4 scholarships in 2020 and sit out our opportunity to attend the Belk Bowl and we feel these draconion self imposed sanctions should make the NCAA look the other way."

I'm not totally sure. They would need a lucrative deal for him. I agree that I think he would want to do 2 years at LSU, put up a top 10 defense back to back seasons and then maybe find himself in the running for an elite job, but I think that at this point in his career, MSU even with the warts, is probably about the high water mark for what he can land.
I can't think of a better job than LSU's DC coming in right after a natty. Ed Orgeron by all accounts is the best guy in college football to work for, recruiting is a non-issue, the DL is already one of the best in the biz, and his coordinator salary is more than a lot of established head coaches. Pelini was putting extra paychecks in the bank for a long time at Youngstown, and to make head coach salary without head coach headaches would be something I wouldn't give up.

With a recruiting scandal coming up for MSU, does this mean they vacate the 2015 Big Ten title? And it goes to......gotta look for the Iowa angle in all things.
Ssshhhhh!! We don't want another contract extension for Kirk!!

With a recruiting scandal coming up for MSU, does this mean they vacate the 2015 Big Ten title? And it goes to......gotta look for the Iowa angle in all things.
I know you're not being serious, but that's not how vacated titles/wins work.

I can't think of a better job than LSU's DC coming in right after a natty. Ed Orgeron by all accounts is the best guy in college football to work for, recruiting is a non-issue, the DL is already one of the best in the biz, and his coordinator salary is more than a lot of established head coaches. Pelini was putting extra paychecks in the bank for a long time at Youngstown, and to make head coach salary without head coach headaches would be something I wouldn't give up.
Orgeron seems like one authentic dude. Kind of college football's version of Bob Huggins, only with a national championship to his credit

Latest posts