Marcus Coker playing time

Freshman RB Marcus Coker started for the second time this season and led Iowa’s rushing game with nine carries for 70 yards. His rushing touchdown in the fourth quarter is his first career touchdown.

Anybody know why Coker didn't play more? Pass protection?? I feel he should have seen more playing time.

Coker has Robinson power plus an extra step (at least).

I'm not saying ditch Robinson by any means; this is just about making the right adjustment at the right time against the right team.

Is it that hard for the staff to figure out?

You know the defense is going get gassed in the 4th, can we sustain a drive?

These attributes are what kept Hampton ahead of Robinson on the depth chart.

Again, why does that staff not recognize this?

Next year, with a healthy Hampton (if that's possible) and Coker, it would appear that Robinson would be #3 on the depth chart.

Hate to say it, but why not a running back by committee and actually split the work load like last year. I admit I wasn't huge on it last year, but it appeared as though it worked and having more horses in the stable (that are being used) would definitely be beneficial late in games when we're trying to work the clock and hold on to the ball to avoid giving our opponents that one last chance at a win.

Hate to say it, but why not a running back by committee and actually split the work load like last year. I admit I wasn't huge on it last year, but it appeared as though it worked and having more horses in the stable (that are being used) would definitely be beneficial late in games when we're trying to work the clock and hold on to the ball to avoid giving our opponents that one last chance at a win.

I agree, If one gets hot in any given game, stick with him or rotate them.
It's not as if the team is going to be short on RB's.

Coker missed at least three blitzs that almost got stanzi killed... Arob has become the mvp of the offence catching and running the ball. Coker does have more power and i think will turn out to be the better back in the long haul but Arob runs alot harder and is harder to bring down then coker is at this stage in his career.. and what makes anyone think Hampton is going to beat out Arob next year??? he hasnt shown that he can yet... Coker i do think will be the starter or at least getting half the carries next year.

On the TD to McNutt, Coker wiffed on the blitzing DB that lite up Stanzi. He also doesn't have much for hands out of the backfield, as evidenced by a reception in which he ended up catching the ball using his knees. ARob is a much more versitle back, but it's clear as a runner, there's no comparison.

wish i could post my text i sent my brother at the half, and the one after coker's score...... it went like this:

"Give me more Coke(r)!!!!"
"oh look, coker comes in and we score in 2 plays...... wierd?"

-not the happiest camper while watching the game seeing this all play out. If all were healthy by next year: Coker should start the game, and Arob finish it I think we will have some upset RB's next year if all can stay healthy.

Latest posts