Marble

Somebody has to volunteer for the beating, so I'll do it.
Stats accumulate, even on **** poor teams.

Marble had two good, stat-stuffer games.

Game 1- game goes -30 the last 35 minutes.
Game 2- game over in 15 minutes.

We can't get down by 20 in the first half, but we did cut the lead to 10 midway through the 2nd half, it was far from over.

he is close to dbl figure at 9.5 ppg
it has not been a one or two game stat stuffer games he has been in dbl figure in 4 of the last 5 games
24 tpts in the 1st 5 games for a avg of just under 5 ppg
63 tpts in the next 5 games for a avg of just over 12 ppg
with the best game against a team just about everyone figured Iowa would lose to
Basabe had 18 and Gatens 11 to join Marble in dbl figure
you really should check your dbl figure stat stuffer comment at the door before stating something you have no clue of

We can't get down by 20 in the first half, but we did cut the lead to 10 midway through the 2nd half, it was far from over.

I don't think the game ever got to 10, before the 10 minute mark, it got to 13; please correct me if I am wrong, but I agree that it was far from over when Iowa made a run.

They got some stops, but weren't ever able to convert on the offensive end by shooting some poor shots.

also if you look at his scoring it came against the toughest stretch of competion not the cupcakes
but we get it you are a Marble hater and a Oglesby lover
Marble will never amount to anything but a bench warmer to you
and Oglesby will be a 1st AA by his sophamore year

Last edited:
Marble does "force" a shot or two, but if his teammates continue to just stand and watch when he drives...he is bound to force a few shots. He is aggressive something the upperclassmen are not...

I have no problem with Marble taking "forced" shots.

When you are out there with two other guards who cant do anything on offense you are going to have to force the issue.

I understand what you are saying, but it would hold true if Iowa had a full roster, now that said, if he continues to play they way he has for the season, you have to like what you see.
Now, the bigger question is can he sustain it next year?
Basabe hasn't and neither has Cartwright, it was good to watch last year and think that Iowa was on the upturn, which I still believe they are.
Why did we think that? You see results, but the question always was, who else will step up this season? Marble has since he has shaken the cobwebs from his concussion.
This season record-wise is lost, I am watching Marble, McCabe, Ogelsby and White...how do they develop and can they have truly breakout seasons next year with better talent around them. Notice, I am not watching Basabe because he should be playing better, but isn't for whatever reason. I expect Basabe to be better by the end of the season and break out of his funk, maybe ISU was a start.

On the Marble front, can he do it in the BIG and can he do it next season from game one? With his skill set and another offseason conditioning session, he will be Iowa's best option from game one next year. That said, if he doesn't shoot 10,000 shots a week in the new practice facility in the offseason, he won't be that guy. There is still a lot of hard work that has to happen for him to be the guy.

IMO Basabe broke out of his funk against UNI.

Even though he hasn't scored allot he has been hitting the glass hard and trying to assert himself on offense.

Before he appeared to not be trying.

i thnk the 18 pts against ISU is a good sign, and with Marbles scoring, that will give us 3 scorers now in Gatens, Marble and Basabe
we need Cartwright to get healthy and have McCabe stop on the silly fouls and we have our 5 starters for the rest of the year
we may have to get them 30 + minutes a game but i feel it will work out and we will get more wins that were not seen

I don't think the game ever got to 10, before the 10 minute mark, it got to 13; please correct me if I am wrong, but I agree that it was far from over when Iowa made a run.

They got some stops, but weren't ever able to convert on the offensive end by shooting some poor shots.

Correct. 13 was the lowest it got until the end.

on the fouling of a shooter does the missed shot caused by a foul does it go into the books as a official shot or does it only count if the shot is made

Marble is one of the few (only?) guys on the team who can attack the basket and get his own shot. Sure he is forcing a few, but that is what scorers do. I would much rather see that than May driving horizontally to the free throw line, or Gatens getting stuffed at the rim.

on the fouling of a shooter does the missed shot caused by a foul does it go into the books as a official shot or does it only count if the shot is made
If he gets fouled and misses,it does not go in the books as an shot attempt .

Speaking of rules. I think if a pass leads to a player getting fouled on the shot there should be a full assist if he makes both free throws and half if he makes one. In theory a guy could make numerous great passes and have zero assists which doesn't seem fair.

Just my totally random $.02.

If he gets fouled and misses,it does not go in the books as an shot attempt .
Yeah it based off of a reward system. If you can power through a foul and make the basket you get rewarded with the points. But if you miss because you were fouled you certainly won't be penalized with a miss basket on the state sheet.

sorry my brain has been affected there are some thing i have no memery of
i can't even remember my grand kids birthdays with out them written down for me
sorry i asked

Marble is a stud. Kind of glad that Bryce has a minor injury so Marble can play more and show he is the better PG.

Interesting dilemma, as Marble has been a stud the past few games, but is playing him major minutes at PG going to wear him out when the conference grind starts? PG isn't where he would prefer to play or where he will be next year, but out of necessity, he has been slotted in and performed well. I don't think Cartwright has been 100% all season, so hopefully he recooperates over the break and gets his lateral movement back. Maybe it doesn't matter as long as he gets his shots and minutes....

Marble deserves to start somewhere. It's not even a question from what I've seen. I don't care if the whole team is 100%, he needs to start.

sorry my brain has been affected there are some thing i have no memery of
i can't even remember my grand kids birthdays with out them written down for me
sorry i asked

Man, you sure can give out **** to everyone else, but can't take any of it. Stop being so condescending with your comments and people wouldn't be so sarcastic back at you.

Latest posts