Marble vs. Basabe....Miller vs. Vanleere.....CAGE MATCH!!!!

Let's hear it guys.

zohxd5jpg.gif

All four of these folks are contributing members of society, so no need for a cage match. I think you have the lineup card wrong. It should be OK4P vs. Ghost with bazookas to ensure mutual destruction, thus liberating the board from two nefarious posters.

Take away not witty KOK banter from one and Sponge Bob from the other and neither would have anything to post.

I'm referring to their late season comparisons of these 2 guys and who they thought would end up with a better career. Basabe had the good freshman year buy Marble is having a breakout season and looks to have a higher ceiling than Basabe.

I will take the side of stormin' on this one. Also, Marble has a monster year if he continues to work on his jumper as a junior. For his Senior year if he can shoot over 30% from three-pt range, 1st team all-BIG, he has that much ability. He lacks two things today to be mentioned as a 1st-team all-BIG: more strength to finish and a better three point shot.
The fact that he can get to rim the way he does today, not always in control, with his underdeveloped frame is impressive. The only negative about him playing off the ball is he matches up so well against PG's with his superior size to them. His ball handling is far from suspect.
Basbae is still going to be a very good player at Iowa, he had a poor outing against Minnesota, but he is still a good player. When Iowa gets those youngsters with all that size around Mel and he gets a better matchup with players more his size and more his size are player under 6'10, he will put up some of those bigger number more often again. The biggest issue with Mel is his court vision, almost like he is trying to set a record for least assists per minute played for a career, but that has to improve and it did toward the back end of the year when Cole began to play really well.

Jon is pretty tall. Don't know how tall Stormin' is but I would bet that he has the quicker feet out of the two, so he should be able to run circles around JDM. Tough match but I'd go with Stormin'.

In Jon's defense he did mention the whole Marble thing on Twitter a few weeks ago, giving full credit to me.

Well, they are both very talented and when making predictions such as these early in their careers there are two things you can't possibly know. Attitude and work ethic. Marble's success just doesn't happen. He's obviously put the work in to get where he is. Granted I think Marble has had more room to improve but clearly he has made the bigger jump. I'm not knocking Mel but he needs to bring it every game and Fran spoke to that in his presser. I think he will but I'm glad to see Fran isn't afraid to have him sit. So basically what I'm saying is you got lucky but I'm glad that you did.;)

Look at spank searching the boards like that. Well played. I woulda done it too.

Yeah, I have publicly yielded to Spank on this one..I took the house money last year and Spank went further out on the limb...I did not see this in Marble in year two...or year three for that matter.

Latest posts