Marble legitimate shot at making First team Big 10 next year?

The only place I give Basabe the edge is blocking shots. I think rebounding is a wash. Both are often out of position on defense...so a wash. White has the edge everywhere else...especially at getting to the FT line and also making them. The potential to improve significantly in the off season is also a huge advantage to White IMO.

Defense - basabe has the edge. He is more of a shot blocking presence and gambles less. Therefore though they both get out of position basabe does so less.

Rebounding - push both do a solid job in this department. Basabe a little better on the defensive glass but white better on offensive glass.

Back to the basket - basabe at least he has some moves in his arsenal.

Midrange - basabe at least he knows how to shoot a midrange shot.

3pt - push basabe isn't dumb enough to try these and white isn't good at this.

Transition - white he is just unguardable in the break.

Drive - white...come on it is all he can do in the halfcourt.

FTs - white this is what he tries to get when he drives.

I just wish white would develop some of basabe's halfcourt abilities. Then he would truly be a solid player. But in the halfcourt he is a liability at times. If he could get those back to the basket moves and/or midrange shot of basabe he could make 1st team. Until that happens he maxes out at the 2nd team and I don't think he gets there.

Not sure what the point of that link was. All I got from it was that (excluding Denning and Rickert) Olaseni, Woodbury, Basabe, and White, in that order, are the top 4 on the team in field goal percentage.

Basabe's numbers were close to White's, which is significant considering the number of minutes he played less than White.

## SUMMARY GP GS Min/G FG% 3PT% FT% Reb/G Ast/G Stl Blk Pts/G

30 White, Aaron 38 38 29.2 .468 .227 .748 6.2 1.3 41 27 12.8
01 Basabe, Melsahn 38 18 18.5 .481 .000 .656 5.1 0.5 16 45 6.8

Defense - basabe has the edge. He is more of a shot blocking presence and gambles less. Therefore though they both get out of position basabe does so less.

Rebounding - push both do a solid job in this department. Basabe a little better on the defensive glass but white better on offensive glass.

Back to the basket - basabe at least he has some moves in his arsenal.

Midrange - basabe at least he knows how to shoot a midrange shot.

3pt - push basabe isn't dumb enough to try these and white isn't good at this.

Transition - white he is just unguardable in the break.

Drive - white...come on it is all he can do in the halfcourt.

FTs - white this is what he tries to get when he drives.

I just wish white would develop some of basabe's halfcourt abilities. Then he would truly be a solid player. But in the halfcourt he is a liability at times. If he could get those back to the basket moves and/or midrange shot of basabe he could make 1st team. Until that happens he maxes out at the 2nd team and I don't think he gets there.
Basabe averages 15 points per 40 min A White 17 .5. Basabe is Top 11 of reb pct # 7 def reb pct Big 10. We all Know Blocked Shots Basabe and because of Min played White FTS Mel attempts alit of FTS so I would guess his Ft pct as per minutes is similar to White. Doghouse Scratching Post Wall. Basabe

Basabe averages 15 points per 40 min A White 17 .5. Basabe is Top 11 off reb pct. # 7 def reb pct Big 10. We all Know Blocked Shots Basabe and because of Min played White FTS Mel attempts alot of FTS so I would guess his Ft pct as per minutes is similar to White. Doghouse Scratching Post Wall. Basabe
BASABE IS Better at DEFENSE HANDS DOWN. When Basabe gets pulled Hawks normally dont play better. His + - while on the floor is very good. Stopsubbin

I really wish there was a site that had college +/- ratings broken down by lineup combinations. I be curious to see how Basabe's breaks down when at the 5 spot, or playing next to Woody or next to Gabe.

I'm glad they're both Hawks...White and Basabe. Take either of them away and we win fewer games this past season and next year IMO.

I like both of their games. Especially the versatility against different line ups. I like Basabe in the line up against better post players, for his defense. White at the 3 against smaller forwards is a real match up problem. Or he can play the 4 against less physical forwards. It's pointless to argue about who should start or play how many minutes. We could run a "40 minutes of Hell" type of full court defense with the depth we have. The last time we had this kind of quality depth was 87'-88'.

I really wish there was a site that had college +/- ratings broken down by lineup combinations. I be curious to see how Basabe's breaks down when at the 5 spot, or playing next to Woody or next to Gabe.

Another quick stat. How many made shots did Basabe picks account for. This intangible stat is the reason Basabe needs the minutes. He creates shots. We don't penetrate the lane .

Latest posts