Marble legitimate shot at making First team Big 10 next year?

golfingwags

Considering the entire first team went pro early....certainly seems possible.

White could be 2nd team or outside shot at 1st team if he stops disappearing in games.

Nevermind that he did the same thing the year before and was sat in large portions of the 2nd half this year.

He needs to get more consistent in B1G play — and put up some NITish numbers. But he can be there.

Lord, it's good to be talking Hawkeye Hoops in April again.

Yes for marble. No on white but ill pick a differentand hawkeye to make 2nd team.... Woody. I think Woody improved as the year progressed and i would expect more of a leap in the off season out of a big man than i will expect for the other sophs like gessell and clemmons.

I don't think RDM has reached his full potential yet. I definitely think he can be a 1st teamer.

Gesell, Uthoff, Jok, White, etc need to step up and take some of the pressure off by adding some consistent scoring.

My 1st "Yes" was to it's possible for Devyn to be 1st team. My 2nd "Yes" was to it's possible for White to be 2nd team. Note the word possible was used.

My prediction for most improved player from this year to next year is a tie...between Woodbury and Clemmons. I think the ceiling for Clemmons is beyond what any of us are thinking right now. Please keep in mind that improvement may not be represented by a huge increase in points scored, etc. due to the talent and depth of our rotation. Those of us that really understand the game will see it not just on the stat sheet but in the little things like setting picks, taking charges, not turning the ball over in traffic, etc.

with the pretty good team that they'll have it's possible Marble's numbers won't be 1st team worthy but his over all floor game will be rock solid and efficient. Iowa won't need to lean on him like they did the last half of the yr like they did. I say this in a hopefully kind of way but I would think with a deeper older team that'd be the case.

Yes for marble. No on white but ill pick a differentand hawkeye to make 2nd team.... Woody. I think Woody improved as the year progressed and i would expect more of a leap in the off season out of a big man than i will expect for the other sophs like gessell and clemmons.

I think Woodbury will make a larger improvement comparatively to Gessel but Gessel doesn't need nearly as much improvement.

I don't think Woodbury is potential second team yet but I think hes potential first team as a Junior, just a pure guess but I think that will be his year to really come into his own.

I think Gessel, White, Utoff and maybe even Basabe could potentially make second team.

I think Woodbury will make a larger improvement comparatively to Gessel but Gessel doesn't need nearly as much improvement.

I don't think Woodbury is potential second team yet but I think hes potential first team as a Junior, just a pure guess but I think that will be his year to really come into his own.

I think Gessel, White, Utoff and maybe even Basabe could potentially make second team.

I think Woody will get honorable mention, maybe sneak onto the third team next year. I'm with you. He'll have his real coming out party as a junior.

I love Aaron White, and he may put up the stats to warrant a 2nd team selection. But IMO his game does not. White scores pretty much all his points off putbacks and in transition. There is nothing wrong with that, but in the half court his offensive game is extremely limited. Players like him are very valuable though: guys that can score points without running any plays for them.

I love Aaron White, and he may put up the stats to warrant a 2nd team selection. But IMO his game does not. White scores pretty much all his points off putbacks and in transition. There is nothing wrong with that, but in the half court his offensive game is extremely limited. Players like him are very valuable though: guys that can score points without running any plays for them.

Free throws, not putbacks. If he was able to be strong on the glass and get some bunnies, he'd average 15-18 ppg.

First team BiG is possible, if he's not at point. If he's what's left after all the early birds to the NBA, does that count to his ability?

At least, he needs to practice dribbling.

Possible all league performers:

IU- Ferrell, Sheehey
PU- Hammonds( I give him the edge on Woody), Terone Johnson
Mich- McGary(lock), GRIII( near lock), Stauskus
MSU- Harris(lock),Payne(lock), Appling,Dawson.
OSU- Craft(lock), Thompson,Smith jr.,Ross.
Ill- Egwu,Abrams
NW- Crawford(near lock)
Wis- Gasser, Brust, Dekker
PSU- Frazier,Newbill,Marshall
Minny- Hollins,Hollins
Neb- Shields

Some of these guys will have big years and rise to the top. Dev will have competition,and with the ensemble approach at Iowa ,it is hard to put up big numbers...White,Woody,Gesell, also have a shot.

Latest posts