Man was I wrong on the B10 bowl season

DuffMan

With 3 1 loss teams I thought we were in for a banner year, whoops. I think the whole state of Michigan is on suicide watch. If OSU pulls it's nearly annual bowl season embarassment the B10 will finish 2-5, and worse than that it's only wins will be by teams not many people take notice of (Iowa and Illannoy) on a national level and in games that hardly anyone watched.

To add insult to injury Nebby also lost in the holiday bowl, so if you look at the bowl records of teams that are in the B10 as of next year that makes us 2-6.

Ouch.

I agree with ya 100%. I know I sure didn't foresee this happening... I don't think anyone could have. And anyone that say's they "figured" Wisky, MSU, and possibly tOSU all would lose is full of $h!t

Actually the record will be 2 and 6....it is already 2 and 5 without Ohio State losing.
Northwestern, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State and Wisconsin ALL lost in the span of 8 hours on New Years Day.

As none of the Big 10 teams were favored, it wasn't a huge surprise that they lost but it was the WAY the Michigan teams lost that was really embarrassing. Of course to have those losses come to the SEC is insult to injury. I think the SEC was "O" for 3 before they beat up on some wimps from the Big 10.

Who honestly thought that MSU was going to beat Alabama? That was one ****** off BAMA team and after we drilled them, did you think MSU had it in them to hold up to BAMA? Northwestern pulled their usually close loss to a Big 12 team. Penn State played a close game with a Florida team wanting to send their coach out with a win. Michigan was just a sad display, so much for RichRods unstoppable O in that one. Wisconsin was a play or two away from a win. So really only MSU and Mich are bad losses, the other three games were winnable, but Penn State really wasn't all that good this year and still lead a good chunk of their game. Bowls come down to matchups and how the teams show up to play (see Nebraska) so Mich and MSU got bad matchups and the other 3 got out played, it happens.
OSU still has a decent shot, they are playing a former Michigan QB, I like their chances.

Well considering the B10 was dogged in nearly every bowl game, I don't think it took a genius to figure out the B10 was up against it

With 3 1 loss teams I thought we were in for a banner year, whoops. I think the whole state of Michigan is on suicide watch. If OSU pulls it's nearly annual bowl season embarassment the B10 will finish 2-5, and worse than that it's only wins will be by teams not many people take notice of (Iowa and Illannoy) on a national level and in games that hardly anyone watched.

To add insult to injury Nebby also lost in the holiday bowl, so if you look at the bowl records of teams that are in the B10 as of next year that makes us 2-6.

Ouch.

You must have made those predictions before you purchased your new SmartPhone(TM)?

The only Big Ten bowl game I've gotten wrong is Illinois. I had the league 0-4 on NYD, and I also picked tOSU to win. My 2-6 prediction just may hold.

Latest posts