Making some message board updates today

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
might be some bugs or intermittent outages this morning..please bear with us as the boards are enhanced in advance of the football system. thanks

EDIT: I accidentally posted this in the OT forum so if a mod can move it that would be great

I'm sure its because its new but I am not a fan of the new layout of the website. I really liked it before when you could pull up the main forum page and see what the last topics were for all categories.

With the new layout you have to click on every category to see what is out there.

Just curious to see what everyone else thought?

Bus-

I agree wholeheartedly. I enjoyed being able to see the newest posts in the Football/Basketball/Wrestling/Off Topic, etc. forums, rather than having to go through each.

Go Hawks!

as posted in ot i believe he is playing with it all day today as his first posts states. be patient

I'm sure its because its new but I am not a fan of the new layout of the website. I really liked it before when you could pull up the main forum page and see what the last topics were for all categories.

With the new layout you have to click on every category to see what is out there.

another vote for a view with the latest topics from all forums.

EDIT:

+1

EDIT: I accidentally posted this in the OT forum so if a mod can move it that would be great

I'm with you. I HATE this new layout. I really like the idea of viewing several threads of all the Topics when you click on the Form Link.

Jon, Please go back to the old way.

Please change the ToolTips on the new "Forums" page. Used to be able to hover over the thread topic and read the first several lines of the thread. Now it just says "Go to first post in thread ________" which really isn't helpful.

The site will revert to how it was...we are working through some message board improvements...just working a few bugs out.

And it will be HawkeyeNation.com...HawkeyeFanatic was what we had it listed as while we built it last fall, so that people could not find a new HawkeyeNation.com under construction while I was still with Scout.com.

The site will revert to how it was...we are working through some message board improvements...just working a few bugs out.

And it will be HawkeyeNation.com...HawkeyeFanatic was what we had it listed as while we built it last fall, so that people could not find a new HawkeyeNation.com under construction while I was still with Scout.com.

Thank You Jon for reverting back. The old pgm of Forum Link was a lot more user friendly.
The new Forum Link did not give a lot of thread info.

I'm with you. I HATE this new layout. I really like the idea of viewing several threads of all the Topics when you click on the Form Link.

Jon, Please go back to the old way.

Ditto. I like being able to click on "Forums" and see what all of the latest posts are in all categories. It's a huge time saver not having to click into every category to see what people have been posting.

I hope it stays like that.

Latest posts