Major recruiting violations

DexterMorgan

Apparently Colin Cowherd announced on his show today that there will be news in 1-2 weeks of a major college football program being hit with recruiting violations.

Did anyone listen to this?

Last edited:
Re: Major recruting violations

Well, that leaves another ten schools in the SEC (can't count Vandy).

:D

Supposedly he said it was a top 10-12 school. Now im not sure if that means historically or currently.

Some random guesses:

Michigan
Oregon
Bama
Arkansas
South Carolina
USC

I was watching PTI the other day and they said only 2 schools in D1 Football(119) or Basketball(345) have never committed a violation? PSU and Stanford.

There is still a bunch of stuff to be decided about Tennessee and USC.. perhaps it's in regards to either of those schools.

Supposedly he said it was a top 10-12 school. Now im not sure if that means historically or currently.

Some random guesses:

Michigan
Oregon
Bama
Arkansas
South Carolina
USC

That is an excellent list of suspects, Dexter. I would love for it to be Texas but why would they have to cheat to get players? This should get interesting.

That is an excellent list of suspects, Dexter. I would love for it to be Texas but why would they have to cheat to get players? This should get interesting.

I have a hunch its South Carolina. But thats just me hoping I am right, maybe. :)

I would put money on Tennessee or Michigan. I think Cowherd is trying to tickle everyone with a feather for something that is already pretty well known. If it is TN, they may be the first school to have major violations in both major sports at the same time (? not sure about that statement)

I was watching PTI the other day and they said only 2 schools in D1 Football(119) or Basketball(345) have never committed a violation? PSU and Stanford.

How do they know they've never committed a violation? Maybe they've never been caught. Color me skeptical, but the sustained success of PSU in football and Harbaugh's miracle at Stanford don't just happen.

Iowa cheats too... everyone cheats. You have to. I think there's a gentlemen's code and once a school starts pushing the limits too far outside of the speed limit the NCAA police have no choice but to pull them over.

If you think the University of Iowa football program drives the speed limit 100% of the time then you're naive.

How do they know they've never committed a violation? Maybe they've never been caught. Color me skeptical, but the sustained success of PSU in football and Harbaugh's miracle at Stanford don't just happen.
I dont know how they know and that is true, they just may have not been caught. But I have to disagree with you, though Iowa doesnt have the same length of sustained success at PSU but in the last 10 years Iowa has had 1 non bowl season and Stanfords miracle season could compare to Kirk's 2002 run. In the same time period PSU had 2 or 3 sub .500 seasons. I dont see Joe Pa as a cheater.

Last edited:
I dont know how they know and that is true, they just may have not been caught. But I have to disagree with you, though Iowa doesnt have the same length of sustained success at PSU but in the last 10 years Iowa has had 1 non bowl season and Stanfords miracle season could compare to Kirk's 2002 run. In the same time period PSU had 2 or 3 sub .500 seasons. I dont see Joe Pa as a cheater.
I agree JoePa isn't a cheater, the fact he has little involvement anymore is why PSU is a popular choice as the mystery team....

Are you sure that they didn't say MAJOR violations. I find it hard to believe that these schools don't make lessor violations all of the time. The NCAA won't even slap the schools on the wrist if the self report.

It's stupid for schools not to push the envelope, then self report and be on their way.

I agree JoePa isn't a cheater, the fact he has little involvement anymore is why PSU is a popular choice as the mystery team....

I don't know, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sneak into a recruit's bedroom while he's sleeping and growl "Come to Penn State". And I could definitely see JoePa doing this.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sneak into a recruit's bedroom while he's sleeping and growl "Come to Penn State". And I could definitely see JoePa doing this.

Haha, that made me literally laugh out loud! That's awesome!!

To highlight the OP's question, I think it is probably a school that isn't currently in the spotlight. I think it's got to be an SEC school probably South Carolina or Florida. Urban Meyer just left in the middle of success (as a whole not just one year), kind of like Pete Carroll did. Just my .02 cents

Latest posts