major Carver-Hawkeye renovation

Finally. Fran is right about not hearing the sound system. The Indiana game was fantastically energized but you could not hear the sound / PA at all. It was pathetic. Now they need to spin some better tunes instead of advertisements when they upgrade the sound.

They need the scoreboards and a center court board as you cannot get many team stats or other scores without checking your phone during the game.

517.gif

LET'S SEE EM FOLKS!

How about we bring the students down courtside too?
Yes, I love the renovations and I'm glad they are making the changes, but the best way to improve a college environment is to get the students more involved.

Are those beams/columns/supports or whatever they are above the arena outside still rusty looking?
Always thought painting those black would look much better. Outside could definitely be spruced up and look more black and gold or something.
Inside video boards suck right now so the new board will be great. Stats are sparse and hard to find, I try and look on my phone but it never works half the time inside. WiFi would be sweet.

Not shy about spending money, but not sure its the total answer. The place is just too much like a theater rather than a basketball arena. They must get the students on the floor first and I think that will help get the rest of the crowd more involved

Excited for the renovations, but I hope they don't get rid of the parquet floor. I love that about CHA.

About time. It'll only help the overall atmosphere. They have money coming out of their ears they may as well spend it on the fans and players.

Are those beams/columns/supports or whatever they are above the arena outside still rusty looking?
Always thought painting those black would look much better. Outside could definitely be spruced up and look more black and gold or something.
Inside video boards suck right now so the new board will be great. Stats are sparse and hard to find, I try and look on my phone but it never works half the time inside. WiFi would be sweet.

If you want the students more engaged, you probably should spend a mil or 2 upgrading the fiber optics.

Not good enough for you or you just don't care about basketball? What would you recommend they do? If you are going to take the time to post, you might as well add some substance to your opinion.
See, here is the thing, for me, the product on the floor is what excites me about the program. I don't give a damn if the student section is loud, I don't need to see in game stats to know how the team is doing, and I don't need a better view of the pancheros burrito on a center court jumbotron.

1. Remodel the lower bowl to eliminate all the extra aisles. 6 seats/aisle/6 seats/aisle.. is ridiculous. Close off every other aisle below say...row 12 or 15, and fill in the gaps with seating. (people complained about the difficulty getting out of the Old Fieldhouse so they way overcompensated in CHA.)

2. Put students in those "lower bowl" seats. The close proximity to the court and each other will immediately ramp up the intensity. And students don't care if their seat is 10 in from the aisle.

77946_4941148051385_1657043856_o.jpg

Last edited:
See, here is the thing, for me, the product on the floor is what excites me about the program. I don't give a damn if the student section is loud, I don't need to see in game stats to know how the team is doing, and I don't need a better view of the pancheros burrito on a center court jumbotron.
That makes sense. I think the in game experience could potentially help recruiting thus potentially putting a better product on the floor.

Latest posts