Lutovsky to Neb.

Lincoln has a King Kong Burger, Iowa & ISU never had a shot at this guy!

6-for-12-of-food-beverages-2240292-regular.jpg

how do they get away with a name like that.

maybe he read our posts on this forum where we said Iowa's OLine coach is a so and so. And so he thought the better of it.

You have to understand that we have extremely high expectations for the ol.
Our "crap" ol is still better than a lot of other schools really good ol. The NFL knows it too.
As a offensive linemen, I would rather walk on for a year at Iowa than take a scholarship at just about anywhere in the b10. Except maybe OSU. It makes sense if you are wanting it for a career.

how do they get away with a name like that.

Out of curiosity, I did a little looking up on who actually owns the trademarks & copyrights on King Kong. Copyright on the films and publications is split up among companies, since specific rights were given to the makers of different films and publication rights were separate from the film rights. RKO only has the rights to the original movie plus one other (Time-Warner now owns most RKO material). The name King Kong was never trademarked and for a time was considered in the public domain. This is a bit murky since the the Donkey Kong suit, which Universal Studios not only lost, but the court made them pay fines and court costs from knowingly misrepresenting their legal claim to a non-existent trademark. However it looks like the courts eventually decided that the Cooper estate owns the rights to the name. Not sure who owns the Cooper estate.

Western Iowa has a lot of Nebraska fans, actually a large coven. Not sure where he is from.

He’s from my hometown and my high school! Mt Pleasant. Trust me, it’s 40ish miles south of Iowa city, there are no Nebraska fans anywhere. I don’t even remember meeting and ISU fans. Pure Hawkeye fans.

He’s from my hometown and my high school! Mt Pleasant. Trust me, it’s 40ish miles south of Iowa city, there are no Nebraska fans anywhere. I don’t even remember meeting and ISU fans. Pure Hawkeye fans.

Not anymore, hopefully the Lutovsky family isn't that big but there will be at least one family in Mt Pleasant that will be Nebby fans.

Maybe there are some hidden Husker fans who are afraid to come out into the light? :)

@RobHowe Sorry if I missed earlier comments on this, but any idea why Iowa didn't seem to be in the mix for this kid?I'm seeing a ton of content (from Nebraksa fans) on Twitter about the Iowa High School football class of 2021 and how the Huskers are hoping to win a few big "recruiting battles" in Iowa. Presumably Lutovsky, Bollers, and Thomas Fidone. They all seem like guys Iowa should try hard to sign.

@RobHowe Sorry if I missed earlier comments on this, but any idea why Iowa didn't seem to be in the mix for this kid?I'm seeing a ton of content (from Nebraksa fans) on Twitter about the Iowa High School football class of 2021 and how the Huskers are hoping to win a few big "recruiting battles" in Iowa. Presumably Lutovsky, Bollers, and Thomas Fidone. They all seem like guys Iowa should try hard to sign.

He went to camps at Iowa and Wisconsin and didn't get offers. I am assuming that means he just didn't show enough to the coaches at these camps to get them to offer him. Doesn't mean they wouldn't have change their minds if they camped again next year.

Latest posts