Luke Winn hates Woodbury

He has a point though.... I don't understand Woodbury doing that crap either... And doing it after having been called on it just makes him look terrible. Losing the tip isn't life or death for crying out loud. I'd rather he lose it strait up then win it and have to see that article detailing out how he's done that stuff.

Those tactics are sophomoric and it's embarrassing to have it pointed out like that would be how we should feel about it. I can see HS and JR high kids pulling stunts like that. But not at D1 level where the cameras are on you and every play just about is broke down. He needs to just stop and it's something he should only have to be told once.

The easiest way to fix it is his stance. He needs his left hand to be the closest to the ball. He goes up with his right hand closest to the other center hence how he's able to hook them. Pretty simple fix will Fran coach him to do that? Is that something that's ever been coached? It don't look like it. We'll see....

I say keep doing it. I have yet to see him get a foul called for it. If it gives him the edge to get the tip...GREAT!! Good for the Hawks. Maybe this dude should write about MSU and Wisconsin players holding cutters or hand checking...

He has a point though.... I don't understand Woodbury doing that crap either... And doing it after having been called on it just makes him look terrible. Losing the tip isn't life or death for crying out loud. I'd rather he lose it strait up then win it and have to see that article detailing out how he's done that stuff.

Those tactics are sophomoric and it's embarrassing to have it pointed out like that would be how we should feel about it. I can see HS and JR high kids pulling stunts like that. But not at D1 level where the cameras are on you and every play just about is broke down. He needs to just stop and it's something he should only have to be told once.

Good rant. You should also rant like that for Wiscy doing it too (as the article mentions).

Or not...

Really not a big deal. Since the inception of the game, coaches and players have looked to gain an advantage. Somewhere along the way, a parent or a coach taught Woody how to do this stuff. This is one brief move at the start of the game while the hand-checking, holds, undercutting taught or encouraged by Izzo, Ryan, Matta, Hoiberg, et. al goes on much of the next 39.9 minutes, at least until it's called. So which is worse?

Good rant. You should also rant like that for Wiscy doing it too (as the article mentions).

Or not...

I'm not a Wisky fan. So it doesn't remotely embarrass me to see them do it. I don't like rooting for players that resort to doing crap like that. Do I want Wisky to do it against us? Well no not unless they call it (which they don't/won't) I'm more ****** that Woody has done it intentionally. You see last night he went up with his right hand not his left? He lost it but who cares about that. Evidently point got across to him. I was glad to see that.

For those on here pointing at the other teams doing stuff. Pointing at others bad behavior in no way justifies your own... I wanted Woody to knock that sophomoric crap off and last night he did. Now if he'd just knock down his free throws...

Latest posts