Luka Garza Announces Return to Iowa Basketball

This is some much welcomed good Hawkeye News for a change!

Now we can start salivating over the real possibility of witnessing one of the greatest seasons in Hawkeye History. Thanks for putting it all in place Fran. Hope it all works out for everyone.

I just hope he gets to play as normal a season as possible.
If he gets his free throw shooting back to normal that alone will improve his game.

He will make others better with his presence on the floor alone. We could now be poised to have the type of season that the football team could have had in 2009 had Shonn Greene returned for his senior season.

Best chance for a Natty I’ll ever see in my lifetime, and the season probably won’t even happen.

Yep. What could have been. 2-3 game run in this year's tournament with a good chance of going deeper next season. Iowa will never get a taste like this again at least in my lifetime.

I have been trying to not let myself think about how happy I might be feeling right now. It felt selfish to wish for anything other than whatever he decided. Now, as happy as I am, what I feel most is proud of not just Luka-- but the whole team. It also feels like the best Christmas gift ever all wrapped and sitting under the tree...at Thanksgiving. Sweet!

I just hope he gets to play as normal a season as possible.
If he gets his free throw shooting back to normal that alone will improve his game.

He will make others better with his presence on the floor alone. We could now be poised to have the type of season that the football team could have had in 2009 had Shonn Greene returned for his senior season.

I took Rob’s comment to suggest he’s hoping there is a season, at least a semblance one, as we deal with the Wuhan Germ. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Yes. Sorry if that was worded poorly.

Fran talked today about the possibility of the season starting in January and also playing it in a bubble.

Hard to know where this is headed. There could still be a second wave and the flu on the way.

Yes. Sorry if that was worded poorly.

Fran talked today about the possibility of the season starting in January and also playing it in a bubble.

Hard to know where this is headed. There could still be a second wave and the flu on the way.
I’ve been thinking of something all summer.

Perhaps the sanitary habits we have been forced to develop trying to contain Covid will also take a bite out of the annual flu season.

I’ve been thinking of something all summer.

Perhaps the sanitary habits we have been forced to develop trying to contain Covid will also take a bite out of the annual flu season.

Absolutely

Washing one's hands is the best advice of all

I have been washing my hands when I return home

Immediately

Every Time

For years and never get a cold or the flu

I drilled that into the children's' minds and they very seldom get sick at all

:cool:

I just hope there is a season. In my lifetime we were so close in '87. And in '89 there was at least hope (and a top 5 preseason ranking) at certain times of the season, and then Ray Thompson was declared ineligible for the tournament.

This seems like the best chance we have at a final four run since 1987.

Latest posts