Luck will NOT enter Draft

Goes to show how important education is to some people. Not saying I necessarily agree with his decision, but he most likely wants a degree so props to him for taking the pay cut.

Any new rookie pay scale would apply to this year's draftees as well so he's not really tossing away tens of millions of dollars. He is screwing himself by not getting to his first free agent contract until a year later, but another year in college could, in theory, make him more equipped to handle the pro game and get a better contract then. It's disingenuous to say there is no upside for him.

Are you sure this is true?

Are you sure this is true?

The current CBA ends March 3, and the draft isn't until the end of April. The new CBA will likely include the new wage scale for rookies. I seriously doubt the two sides will enter into a new CBA by pushing back the wage scale a season. Even if the draft occurs before a new CBA, teams will not be able to sign their draftees and must do so by the rules set in the new CBA when it takes effect.

You go to college to get the job, you don't turn down the job to go to college. Get a f'n tudor and finish classes on the go if it is "important" but there is literally nowhere to go but down for him. This isn't like a 1st round pick trying to become top 10.

The current CBA ends March 3, and the draft isn't until the end of April. The new CBA will likely include the new wage scale for rookies. I seriously doubt the two sides will enter into a new CBA by pushing back the wage scale a season. Even if the draft occurs before a new CBA, teams will not be able to sign their draftees and must do so by the rules set in the new CBA when it takes effect.

Makes sense.

This can only mean Harbaugh is staying and they want to make a run at the title. It doesn't make sense any other way.

On a side note, while Harbaugh sounded like a bit of a DB while deflecting questions the other night, I loved how this kid handled himself. He sounded sincere and honest.

Harbaugh is staring at 7-8 million a year from the Dolphins. No one on earth would believe he would get near that, doubt he can walk away from that much loot.

t10102harbaughrogash439.jpg

That decision was made possible by the huge level of Derp.

I believe his dad is a scout or works with an NFL team, and maybe he got the best advice for him.

First of all I agree with all of you that Luck is making a bad decision by staying. Whoever made the point about going to college to get a job is absolutely correct.

The Dolphins can hire whoever they want without interviewing a minority candidate, I believe they just have to pay a big fine, which if the amount of money they are offering him is correct than should be no object.

I am a dolphins fan and I am not excited about this hire. If Luck had entered the draft and they traded up to re-unite Luck and Harbaugh I would have been okay with it but I have lost confidence in Henne and don't like the rest of this QB class much either. I doubt he will be able to raid his brother's coaching staff and I don't know who his coaches will be. I would prefer to give Sparano one more year.

No matter a kids decision he seems to always get bombarded with negative judgement.

An underclassmen leaves school for pro ball- he is selfish, not committed to his school, only cares about money.

An underclassmen decides to stay in school and get another year of education at one of the premeire universities in the nation....... he gets trashed for being an idiot, get the money while you can kid!

Just unreal. lol

Pretty mature kid - carries himself exceptionally- I am guessing that for HIM he made the right choice. Do whatever you want in that situation and have fun having 2 lottery tickets in your hand deciding which one to take.

Good for him!

Kid made the right decision for himself...good for him. He is in line to graduate next spring after his rs jr year. He brings back enough to take a shot at the Heisman again. He made a good decision considering he will graduate with a degree from Stanford a school most of us couldn't even get into. If he had decided to come out I would say it is the right choice also...this kid has everything going for him.

Personally, I applaud his decision. The comparisons to Locker are off base. Luck is 5x the quarterback that Locker is. He's also much better than Leinart. He's got crazy arm strength, great accuracy, good mechanics, and has a good head on his shoulders (something Leinart didn't have, as well as arm strength).

If he wants to graduate on schedule, I don't see how anyone can honestly fault him. He's not going to some SEC school. He's going to STANFORD. A good degree from there is as good as gold. Football will last only so long, and once you step away from school, it's pretty difficult to go back.