Luck will NOT enter Draft

Personally, I applaud his decision. The comparisons to Locker are off base. Luck is 5x the quarterback that Locker is. He's also much better than Leinart. He's got crazy arm strength, great accuracy, good mechanics, and has a good head on his shoulders (something Leinart didn't have, as well as arm strength).

How about the comparisons to Bradford? He was extremely lucky to have the type of injury he did and not have it effect his draft status.

It is a gamble any way you look at it, and it is one with all risk and no reward. I don't think this is any more than a kid who is afraid to enter the real world and wants to be the BMOC for at least one more year. It happens to college kids all the time, I have seen Van Wilder. :)

You go to college to get the job, you don't turn down the job to go to college. Get a f'n tudor and finish classes on the go if it is "important" but there is literally nowhere to go but down for him. This isn't like a 1st round pick trying to become top 10.

EXACTLY!

You go to college for employment, not a degree. A degree is a means to an end, not an end itself. If your career does not require an architechture degree, you don't need to get one.

There will not be a single individual leaving college this year who will have the earning potential of Andrew Luck. Of the millions of kids out there, he is the single richest one. And he is delaying a lucrative career to study architecture and go to house parties?

What if Carolina drafts Gabbart, he gets hurt, and they tank again? What if Peyton Manning gets injured and the Colts win 2 games? Then all of a sudden, the team with the top pick isn't looking for a QB, and you ****** away $20 million dollars. I'll bet he can make that up practicing architecture after his football career.

EXACTLY!

You go to college for employment, not a degree. A degree is a means to an end, not an end itself. If your career does not require an architechture degree, you don't need to get one.

There will not be a single individual leaving college this year who will have the earning potential of Andrew Luck. Of the millions of kids out there, he is the single richest one. And he is delaying a lucrative career to study architecture and go to house parties?

What if Carolina drafts Gabbart, he gets hurt, and they tank again? What if Peyton Manning gets injured and the Colts win 2 games? Then all of a sudden, the team with the top pick isn't looking for a QB, and you ****** away $20 million dollars. I'll bet he can make that up practicing architecture after his football career.

Or he could be looking at the chance the NFL has a significant time stoppage due to a strike next year which could ultimately hurt his career in the long run. If the NFL misses any time, he could be thrown into the fire without a full run of mini camps and training camps. Being thrown to the wolves as a rookie isn't a real good scenario for any QB. Or if the entire season is wiped out, then spending a year at Stanford practicing and playing will keep him sharper than having to work out by himself the whole time.

Odds are he doesn't get hurt and he will still be the top pick in 2012. He won't have cost himself that much money, the NFL will still be waiting for him, and he will get to enjoy another year in college.

EXACTLY!

You go to college for employment, true. But professional sports is not what I consider to be "real" employment. It can all come crashing down at ANY time with an injury, you get "old" much sooner.

Now Luck can get hurt next year, absolutely. But he'll have his insurance policy (I'll call him an idiot if he doesn't have/get one), and most likely he' drop from the top spot, not the first round if that happens. He'd still make very good money as a first round pick, and would be put in a much better situation (either with a better o-line, or hold a clipboard for a guy like Peyton or Brady).

You go to college for employment, true. But professional sports is not what I consider to be "real" employment. It can all come crashing down at ANY time with an injury, you get "old" much sooner.

Who cares if he's a spectacular failure in the NFL, he will still make $50 million dollars. That's real employment, even if his legs explode the day after he signs the deal. He can get his architecture degree whenever he wants after his football career, but playing NFL football will give him more money than any architect out there.

Architecture and college will always be there, a contract worth tens of millions will not.

Who cares if he's a spectacular failure in the NFL, he will still make $50 million dollars. That's real employment, even if his legs explode the day after he signs the deal. He can get his architecture degree whenever he wants after his football career, but playing NFL football will give him more money than any architect out there.

Architecture and college will always be there, a contract worth tens of millions will not.

How many people honestly "go back" down the road? I'd be willing to bet that once he starts a family, he's not going to want to go back to school, because his family will come first on his list of priorities, as it should.

How many people honestly "go back" down the road? I'd be willing to bet that once he starts a family, he's not going to want to go back to school, because his family will come first on his list of priorities, as it should.

My dad graduated from college when I was 11, and he had a full time job in a factory, a farm to manage, and a wife and seven kids at home, and he graduated Cum Laude.

I think Andy Luck could make time to work on his studies during the NFL offseason.

My dad graduated from college when I was 11, and he had a full time job in a factory, a farm to manage, and a wife and seven kids at home, and he graduated Cum Laude.

I think Andy Luck could make time to work on his studies during the NFL offseason.

The fact is that he's not. He wants to get his degree in 4 years. I really don't see a problem with that. Why so many people feel the urge to judge him an "idiot" for that just astounds me. There's more to life than the NFL, regardless of how many fans treat it otherwise.

What degree will he get that will insure he will get a minimum of 15 million over 4 to 5 years. That is a losing argument no matter how you frame it. If you know of that degree please forward the info to me.

What if he isn't going to college for employment? There is the small population of people that go to college simply because they enjoy classes and enjoy learning. A lot of you have said that the only reason to go to college is to get a job, and while this is true in a huge majority of cases, I don't think it is fair to make that assumption.

I went to college to drink beer and meet girls, but I paid a lot of money for that experience. If you are going to college to play football, and you are the consensus #1 draft pick you can only hurt your stock. You can't get higher than #1.

You can't have 2 no 1s that would be like 11.

I went to college to drink beer and meet girls, but I paid a lot of money for that experience. If you are going to college to play football, and you are the consensus #1 draft pick you can only hurt your stock. You can't get higher than #1.

You can't have 2 no 1s that would be like 11.

Who says he went to Stanford to play football? Honestly, if I'm a quarterback that's got Luck's talent, and I'm going to college for football, I'm not going to STANFORD. Maybe he's what a college student-athlete is supposed to be: a STUDENT-athlete.

Latest posts