LT to backup Greene??

pin2win

@hagertony
Lt is visiting the jets today

this will give a lot of help to greene and he will get noticed and become a premiere back i hope

thoughts?

LT is done, if they're looking for a verteran backup they should have just kept Thomas Jones, there are lots of cheaper, better options out there than LT.

They still may keep Jones. They want a third back and they don't want to draft one. As much as the Jets pound the ball, the will go through three backs, just like they did last year.

Cutting Jones was more about him not taking a salary restructure as much as them not wanting him. If he doesn't get a good offer someplace, I would not be shocked if he still wears the green and white next year. LT is probably about the same, but with even less left in the tank than Jones.

They still may keep Jones. They want a third back and they don't want to draft one. As much as the Jets pound the ball, the will go through three backs, just like they did last year.

Cutting Jones was more about him not taking a salary restructure as much as them not wanting him. If he doesn't get a good offer someplace, I would not be shocked if he still wears the green and white next year. LT is probably about the same, but with even less left in the tank than Jones.

There's no way Jones comes back. You can't screw a guy out of $2 million and then expect him to willingly come back, he'll get plenty of interest from other teams.

Greifs fans are very happy to get Jones. He will give them a nice one/two out of the backfield. Now, if they can just shore up that OLine. Would love to see a hawkeye drafted for the red and gold.

Greifs fans are very happy to get Jones. He will give them a nice one/two out of the backfield. Now, if they can just shore up that OLine. Would love to see a hawkeye drafted for the red and gold.
Casey Wiegmann is going back to the Chiefs. Does that count? :)

Is Leon Washington still with the Jets? He doesn't seem to be a starter...more of a Darren Sproles kind of back...but I know the Jets have really liked him and he's been pretty productive.

As per the thread title, now that LT is officially a Jet, I would guess that he would be the formal "starter" with Greene and Washington liberally mixed in to keep LT's carries down. I would be surprised if they traded Washington. Just think back to how important it was for the Jets to have three solid RBs this year...

As per the thread title, now that LT is officially a Jet, I would guess that he would be the formal "starter" with Greene and Washington liberally mixed in to keep LT's carries down. I would be surprised if they traded Washington. Just think back to how important it was for the Jets to have three solid RBs this year...

totally uninformed

Leon is a FA, and may or may not be back

LT is going to spell Greene, nominally may be allowed to compete for the job, but it's not a contest, really

Sure your not playing madden 2009?

Greene is the man in new york and as bws stated leon is gone

Okay, boys, maybe it's time to cut back on the caffeine or something. Not keeping track of a particular NFL player's free agency status probably doesn't qualify as being "totally uninformed" and it probably doesn't merit weird snide remarks about Madden 2009, whatever it is that pin2win is driving at.

Of course, since Leon Washington is a restricted free agent, the Jets will still have a chance to keep him in green and white. His nasty injury from last year could mean that whatever offer he gets from another team will be modest enough for NY to match. I think it would be wise for the team to hold on to him, considering that Shonn has yet to play his first full NFL season, there are question marks about LT, and Leon already has a couple of years in the Jets system.

Furthermore, I don't know how much Wildcat the Jets plan on utilizing next season, but if it's a significant amount, then that's another reason to keep Leon around. And the obvious point: Ryan likes to run the ball a lot, so why wouldn't he want three reliable RBs? But hey, that's just one totally uninformed guy's opinion. You can have a different one, and I won't mind one bit. Cheers!

Latest posts