Lowe requests transfer

Lowe wasn't going to play, it is unfortunate that he now sees an easy payday.

I hope my gut instinct is wrong.

What do you mean by easy payday? I'm not following.

easy meaning, i think, that he'll try to get a settlement from the university. easy as opposed to doing the work to play football to get paid.

that is assuming that he doesn't have kidney damage. if he truly is damaged, that is not easy.

just seems fishy if they have all been cleared, and he is claiming he isn't able.

Yeah with the independent medical review and Lowe not saying too many good things.. Def sounds like he may be gearing up for a lawsuit.. Was hoping this was behind us but may just be the beginning..

they're implying he is going to sue the school.

I wouldn't use the term easy payday. Nothing easy about what they went through. I don't really fault the coaches, it was an accident, it happened, and nobody knows why exactly. But to take a shot at the players who suffered (still suffering) through it, is pretty low. The truth is there is a decent chance of a lawsuit, and that definitely has me concerned. We'll be talking about this 2 years from now still, unfortunately. Hopefully the other players are doing better than Lowe. But I don't like how it was said all players were pretty much healthy and ready to go and now we are hearing otherwise.

It has more to do with the fact he was getting jumped on the depth chart by more talented underclassmen than Rhabdo.

No one, at least not me, is trying to say he didn't have a bad time and have to spend time in the hospital. That time was not easy, and I didn't mean to imply that. He was independently cleared. The doctors did not and would not release and give clearance to practice, if he wasn't back to normal medically. To imply the doctors did something morally wrong (giving an opinion, they know not to be true) would be a bad thing.

He got passed on the depth chart, so it appears he is choosing to cash in.

Like I said, first reaction, hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Kid plays for Iowa, kid gets rhabdo while doing a workout for Iowa and says he doesn't feel physically able to play so a few of you instantly jump to the conclusion that it's because he got passed on the depth chart and he wants to cash in - proceed to demonize him as weak and money grubbing.

I can't do anything but shake my head in disgust at that.

Marc Morehouse recently tweeted that not all 13 players practiced last week, different guys at different stages. Also Lowe wasnt near the top of the depth chart. He claims to be suffering so take it what its worth. Lets just hope as fans that everyone is healthy, safe and this is all behind us in the next week or so. Even though I thought it already was.

Rhabdo is definitely part of this but to think that getting passed on the depth chart has nothing to do with his transfer request would be naive.

So let me get this straight. Kid plays for Iowa, kid gets rhabdo while doing a workout for Iowa and says he doesn't feel physically able to play so a few of you instantly jump to the conclusion that it's because he got passed on the depth chart and he wants to cash in - proceed to demonize him as weak and money grubbing.

It may be the first time I've ever agreed with anything you've written.

This thread is embarrassing.

+1,000,000

Pretty sad when a guy with the screename "PPierce" is the lone voice of reason on this thread. I think it's pretty rash to jump to any conclusions at this point.

Rhabdo is definitely part of this but to think that getting passed on the depth chart has nothing to do with his transfer request would be naive.

Could him being jumped on the depth chart have anything to do with him being down 20 lbs, suffering from headaches and feeling physically unable to perform?

I'm not an Iowa fan by any means, but give the guy a break, he spent over a week in the hospital with a serious ailment. He may be medically cleared to live a normal life at this point in time, but college football is anything but normal to say the very least.

I heard from folks close to the program that the parents of a few of the players were considering the option of "cashing in." I'm willing to bet that Lowe may have been one of them.

And yeah, he was buried in the depth chart and had repeatedly gotten passed on the depth chart even when he was healthy. If he was high on the depth chart, there is no way that he would have been doing this.

Latest posts