Lowdermilk = Class

IAHAWK1982

John Lowdermilk chose not to try for a TD on last interception out of respect for Purdue's coach Hazell. Classy guy.

did he say that is why he took a knee? respect for PU coach?

or

I figured it was KF's kill joy approach to the game that the players are steeped in.

did he say that is why he took a knee? respect for PU coach?

or

I figured it was KF's kill joy approach to the game that the players are steeped in.

Yes out of respect for Coach Hazell. There is an article on Hawk Central. I tried to copy the link but it won't paste for me.

with all humor aside...a smart play...checkmate-by-knee, if you will...

Well classy move... however College football is suck a fickle beast where margin of victory matters...

Running up the score by throwing bombs up by 30 is one thing but I can't say I loved him hitting the deck there.

It was the smart play. The chance of losing the ball isn't worth the gain of a chance at a TD return with that time on the clock. Ferentz was telling Mabin to get down when he snatched that int as well.

That's our mediocrity at all costs mentality that permeates this program.

No that's called acting with class. Something that so few people in our society have anymore. What did we do with the football after that? Took a knee twice. There was no need for another score by Iowa.

Guess I'm willing to do without a championship then. I'm guessing you would like to have a classless puke like Jamies Winston playing for Iowa.
Absolutely not; bad guess there, guy. We're not talking about off the field douchebaggery here. But if you have free points in front of you on the field of play, is it really so horrible to take them? This is a game where points are scored, and I don't expect other teams to do this for Iowa if they have the chance.

Last edited:
I'll take Lowdermilk over Winston every day of the week twice on Sunday.

Doesnt mean I wouldn't like to see some definitive wins every now and again, kinda like Baylor is to ISU tonight :-(

I guess I should defend that comment of definitive wins...

id like to see back ups and 3rd stringers actually get some non-emergency playing time where making mistakes is no more costly than a learning lesson.

Plus, we could find hidden talent

Latest posts