Loved the fight. We COULD learn a lot from it.

NikeHawk21

I was pissed off in the 1H, the defense was awful. I like that Fran pulled the starters to send a message they needed to play better defense. They did when they got back in there. Overall I liked that the guys kept fighting until the end.

I think we learned that when the game is on the line we need to go through Garza and not Cook. Cook’s FT% in those situations is sub 30. Play through Garza and let the shooters spot up, send Cook to the glass or the pine for Baer.

I think a lot can be learned from that 2H.

I was pissed off in the 1H, the defense was awful. I like that Fran pulled the starters to send a message they needed to play better defense. They did when they got back in there. Overall I liked that the guys kept fighting until the end.

I think we learned that when the game is on the line we need to go through Garza and not Cook. Cook’s FT% in those situations is sub 30. Play through Garza and let the shooters spot up, send Cook to the glass or the pine for Baer.

I think a lot can be learned from that 2H.

Frankly, we're 2-0 with Cook out. So...

Cook turned the ball over too much tonight, and I'm sure he will tell you he has to do better. He still had 18 pt. 9 Reb. and 4 assists though. He is far and away our best player, he gives us a dimension that nobody else on the roster gives us.

I'm not one of those "we're better off without Cook" guys, same as people were saying about Jok 2 years ago, but he really did hurt us the last few minutes tonight with the air ball FT and the turnover on the fast break.
The last two minutes have been going on all year.

The regular fan gets goosey and distracted by the infrequent dunks.

The last two minutes have been going on all year.

The regular fan gets goosey and distracted by the infrequent dunks.

I simply haven't watched often enough this year, and was only keeping an eye on the game tonight with one eye.. So I'll have to take your word for it.

I don’t think the outcome was ever really in doubt. The atrocious defense in the first half made sure of that.
Yup. But hopefully we figured out how good we can be when we play hard and communicate on defense. Hopefully the team and staff know Garza is the go to guy in crunch time if we are going inside.

Here’s a scary thought, Garza having this great season has brought NBA talk as well. Was discussed this week on central Iowa radio. Possible with his size and footwork he’s better fit for pro than Cook.

Cook turned the ball over too much tonight, and I'm sure he will tell you he has to do better. He still had 18 pt. 9 Reb. and 4 assists though. He is far and away our best player, he gives us a dimension that nobody else on the roster gives us.
He’s not far and away our best player, Garza is damn close. Garza needs to take it up a notch on defense before he can pass Cook in my book. With that said I’m not sure how much of a winning player Cook is.

The weird thing is with Cook is when he “dominates” it seems our team struggles.

Garza is our best all around player.

Um, no. Weiskamp is the best all around player on team, but he is just a Fr. Cook is far and away our best player RIGHT NOW. Without him we literally have less athleticism on the floor than many HS teams.

Um, no. Weiskamp is the best all around player on team, but he is just a Fr. Cook is far and away our best player RIGHT NOW. Without him we literally have less athleticism on the floor than many HS teams.
Cook’s strength allows him to do well in the post. His athleticism is fairly useless due to his poor basketball IQ.

I simply haven't watched often enough this year, and was only keeping an eye on the game tonight with one eye.. So I'll have to take your word for it.
Trust me, he is at a point of avg 5 tos a game. Some end up being live ball layups or spot threes - can’t have it -especially on the road when your not going to get calls.

Then, runouts from piss poor fade away one handed shots.

May score 18, but the above puts him in way negative efficiency space.

I'm not one of those "we're better off without Cook" guys, same as people were saying about Jok 2 years ago, but he really did hurt us the last few minutes tonight with the air ball FT and the turnover on the fast break.
Tyler Cook = Give Away Basketball

Trust me, he is at a point of avg 5 tos a game. Some end up being live ball layups or spot threes - can’t have it -especially on the road when your not going to get calls.

Then, runouts from piss poor fade away one handed shots.

May score 18, but the above puts him in way negative efficiency space.
Bring him off the bench, perhaps #7. Would work wonders.

Latest posts