"Love It or Leave It"

I love my Hawks. Not going to make excuses about some of the disappointing results this year, but I still support the team and coaches. I'm also not throwing in the towel like too many people that claim to be "fans". Sorry haters, I've got nothing to convince you that all is well and will be... not that you'd believe any contrary opinions anyway, your minds are already made up.

I totally support the too few people willing to post a positive message on here, trying to rally the fans and support the team. Only to be bashed by those beating their chest about blah blah blah... as if real fans really care what you're saying. The reason I love this site is for its (too few) insightful comments about our players, injury updates, analysis of opponents, recruiting and many other useful comments. The inundation of hate mail overwhelms the ability to find the relevant comments. It's embarrassing, irrelevant, not funny, boring, monotonous...

So to quote an alum that appropriately (ironically) wasn't a favorite of the haters, Love It or Leave It. Support the team or... just go ...

The negativity definitely gets out of hand, but you choose this particular week, after the worst home loss in a LONG time, to post drivel like this?

Last week's game was brutal, so did you honestly expect rainbows & unicorns out here this week? There aren't a lot of positive things to post about after a game like last Saturday's.

some criticism and frustration is warranted, and has been at times throughout a few of the years of the last decade, but can be usually be echoed for all but the most dominant teams year in and year out. I am as optimistic as any on here but even I have my moments of bewilderment and frustration at times. I believe it's fear of and overall "perceived" view of a trend than simply a bad game or declining program.

My view is that with better qb play and just a little more talent(or few loss of talent to injuries), this would be a solid 7-8 win team with better talent on the way(and in the FR and SO classes).

Last week was bad, but I choose to believe it was a combination of playing a better team, playing a better team who was playing at about their pinnacle, playing a team that had more talent, having 2 of our best oline go out, not having our currently best rb at better than 70%, having to play an undersized freshman at rb, and having our qb simply not have the ability to lift the team...AND yes, playing a team who was better, and getting more bounces and things go their way (i don't like this thinking but rewatched and they made plays and got some bounced - not enough to explain the buttkicking (see above for more thorough explanation) but enought to kill momentum and stops by the defense at times). Side Note, most teams need to get breaks and bounces, the Hawks need them more than usual but to many of the things mentioned above.

Even those that didn't think JVB was as good as some speculated, NO ONE expected him to struggle with accuracy, reads, recognition, reaction, the new offense, confidence, and panic the way he has. Dude seems to be a deer in headlights most of the time. The speculation of rather to play the backup or not is just that, speculation.

I believe the OP was referring to a few, VERY LOUD minority or here that are not only understandably frustrated (as we all are), but are beyond any reason, mostly concerning coaching.

To each their own...but after a certain level it's fair to call out the crying and b/s.

peace, love, and understanding....do not exist on a messageboard of a team who is not winning...

BOHICA

The negativity definitely gets out of hand, but you choose this particular week, after the worst home loss in a LONG time, to post drivel like this?

Last week's game was brutal, so did you honestly expect rainbows & unicorns out here this week? There aren't a lot of positive things to post about after a game like last Saturday's.

And where exactly would one go for the rainbows and unicorns?

So to quote an alum that appropriately (ironically) wasn't a favorite of the haters, Love It or Leave It. Support the team or... just go ...

You need to leave it and take Corporal Kirk with you

Latest posts