Lou Holtz

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Was ranting on Final tonight about how Iowa had beaten a bunch of nobodys. He listed Illinois as one of those ugly Iowa wins. That is all

What's so horrible about it is that I'm sure their is harris poll morons watching that and take grandpa's word for it and not even check on it. Unreal

He is a just plain terrible analyst. He also made tried to play up how good Boise St. because of how they dominated Oregon by pointing out how Oregon subsequently blew out all their opponents, which just flat out isn't true. Oregon was not the same football team when they played Boise St. as they are now, as evidenced by the fact that they won close games against "lowly, Big 10 slow" Purdue and extremely overrated Utah (Air Force should've killed them on the road, but we lost in overtime) the next few weeks after the Boise St. loss. Clearly, Oregon has gotten a lot better as the season has gone on, so you can't call Boise State's victory against them the "best win of the year," which Dr. Lou did.

Also, did Lou mention the fact that Iowa beat Arizona, a legit Pac-10 contender? Personally, I don't think we have a shot for the national championship because we don't deserve to jump over an undefeated Texas or Alabama/Florida. However, I'd like one analyst not named Mark May to admit that Iowa is a good, probably top ten team led by a ferocious defense, a never say quit quarterback, and a group of pretty athletic wide receivers.

There, that's my rant. Gameday will be at the Academy next week for the Army game, so I'll try to give a "Go Hawks" if Iowa's name comes up.

So did Oregon really get better or did their schedule just get easy when they go into Pac 10 play?

If Oregon is a B10 team, I guarantee you what that answer would be.

Lou Holtz hates Iowa I think. When May says something good about Iowa you can see Holtz getting all uncomfortable.

Lou Holtz is an idiot! I remember the time he said that when WE go to USC, and by we he meant Notre Dame, they play at a higher standard. Well Mark scolded him told him there is no we and that he did'nt coach ND anymore and that he was an employee at ESPN abd had to be objective. FUNNY!

Lou Holtz is absolutely horrible as an analyst. I go cross-eyed when he looks directly at the camera. So I go over to the Cartoon channel and watch Sylvester and Tweety Toons. Thuffering Thuckatath.

IMO. It's a great example of ESPN going down hill as a sports station. They hire a old man who cheated at every place he coached and ESPN relies on him to give an honest assessment of games. Basically the entire format on this show is for Holtz and May to have phony arguments on mundane subjects. Quite a boring show I think.

Hey guys, get off of "Good Ol' Dr. Lou"...his idiotic, incoherent ramblings are probably helping Iowa by making Mark May look 15 times smarter than him...

Just know that if Lou's Golden Domers were doing what Iowa is doing, in the exact same fashion, he'd be leading the charge to get them to the title game.

I think one of the things is Iowa becomes a foil for him because Mark May is very critical of Notre Dame because of Lou, and even though May is a Pitt grad, he probably has just as much support for Iowa due to his relationship with Kirk from way back in the day

I think one of the things is Iowa becomes a foil for him because Mark May is very critical of Notre Dame because of Lou, and even though May is a Pitt grad, he probably has just as much support for Iowa due to his relationship with Kirk from way back in the day

Exactly...it gives Lou a "go to" every week to fight with Mark over since ND isn't in the conversation as much after losing to USC.

Lou is certainly not an "idiot". He is/was a very respectible and successful head coach.

However his ability as an analysist is suspect at best. I'm not sure how these guys do show prep, but I can't believe dumb mistakes like this get through.

I think ESPN needs to find somone who can do a better job "complimenting" May. The chemestry between May and Holtz just isn't there for me.

Successful coach - yes. Respected - by some. He has had compliance issues at many places in his career. I don't know if he has ever come clean about that. I am OK with him because he can be funny, but I don't listen for valuable information.

Latest posts