Lost Another One

Some of you people on this site kill me. All you do is complain. Marble and White weren't even top recruits and look at them now. Give the man a break. We are a decent basketball team now. This year could prove to be another great year with the B1G being slightly down in a sense. You have to win big to get big time players and I would imagine the winning big is on its way. Believe in the system fellas. GO HAWKS!

Also, Marble was a 3* as was White. And both are/were All B1G players in some regard. Stars don't always tell the story as some of you seem to forget.

Also, Marble was a 3* as was White. And both are/were All B1G players in some regard. Stars don't always tell the story as some of you seem to forget.

2-3* players are rated there for a reason - it doesn't mean they can't become good players but what it does mean is that there are holes in their game. Either it's an inability to shoot from the outside, a lack of athleticism, something. It's usually offensive limitations.

Sure, Marble turned into a terrific player, but have you forgotten where he was a freshman/sophomore? He developed a TON those last couple years. How often do 2-3* players end up in the NBA, though? Probably not too often.

White still has holes in his game and is a classic example of a player who thrives in a particular system.. He's great in transition (Fran's system), but he still is not a very consistent outside shooter and tends to be a non-factor in a half-court paced game. He gets a lot of his points at the FT line, getting fouled and/or dunking on a fast break, etc., but doesn't seem to have a whole lot of ability to create his own shot when he can't get out and run the floor. Although, as has been argued before, maybe he would be better off playing the 4 in the paint rather than on the perimeter. I'm going to guess that he would not have had near as much success in Lick's slow-it-down system.

Last edited:
They had him as the #24 and a five star for about six months and just redid the rankings. You can find threads on it here. I WIN THE ******* MATCH SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, since when is pi$$ing a curse word?

I'm aware he made the very early first ranking of the class of 2017. He is no longer on that list and from what I've heard from analysts he will be in the 50-60 range when a complete ranking of the class is done.

You said he was a 5 star and I just showed you that he isn't. I'm not sure what you think you won here?

Could it possibly be related to getting into his players faces and throwing down a chair while doing it. Wouldn't put it past the other schools to be showing that clip over and over and over again. "Do you want this coach humiliating you like this in front of fifteen thousand fans." I know most of the coaches (at least the good ones) get after their players. That image of him doing that may seem over the top to many players and parents.

I agree that Fran's courtside personality needs to be tempered. This may not be hampering our recruiting, but I can guarantee that it isn't helping.....

I agree that Fran's courtside personality needs to be tempered. This may not be hampering our recruiting, but I can guarantee that it isn't helping.....

Not buying it. Players like passionate coaches.....like Izzo and Pitino.

Not buying it. Players like passionate coaches.....like Izzo and Pitino.

Yeah, the only difference between Fran's meltdowns and Izzo's is that Fran gets suspended by the league, while Izzo and the refs go out for drinks after the game.

I'm aware he made the very early first ranking of the class of 2017. He is no longer on that list and from what I've heard from analysts he will be in the 50-60 range when a complete ranking of the class is done.

You said he was a 5 star and I just showed you that he isn't. I'm not sure what you think you won here?

He was a 5* till he committed to Iowa, then he dropped him, typical crap from recruiting sites.

Iowa has three solid recruits coming in, and they will find a couple more. It will be interesting to see if they will get two more commitments
this fall or not. I doubt the coaching staff is going to just settle for a recruit.

I would not be surprised to see Fran carry a scholly to spring...hopefully get OG first. I think the main targets are dwindling...so he will probably wait and see til spring...fine by me....no reaches, like Ingram.

What I found interesting was Morrows comments on strength and conditioning. I have wondered about this for the Hawkeye players. They seem behind other teams in this respect.

He was a 5* till he committed to Iowa, then he dropped him, typical crap from recruiting sites.

That's how I see it, someone mentioned that very fact when he committed. Hasn't even played a sophomore high school game yet and falls in the rankings. I say B*******.....

Yeah, the only difference between Fran's meltdowns and Izzo's is that Fran gets suspended by the league, while Izzo and the refs go out for drinks after the game.

Also when Izzo and the ref aren't whispering into each others ear while MSU is shooting a technical, or sharing a very funny joke.....

52d375181ef66.preview-620.jpg

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sure seems to be a lot of negativity toward Fran, which, in my opinion, is unjustified considering the progress he has made since the Lick travesty which dropped Iowa into the bottomless pit of D1 basketball. Nobody wanted to come to Iowa. It was a Herculean task to make the strides he has up to now, and has improved each and every year. I don't want to hear about the trouble at the end of the season. The facts are that we were in the Top 25 the entire regular season, anyone who doesn't see that as improvement is blind or a troll.....

Just my opinion. That's all.....

Jack

I love Fran...but just want better recruiting....they need to figure it out. Minny, Wis,PSU,Md.RI NW, Ill, and Nebby are all outrecruiting Iowa this year....none are better programs, cept for Wisky. And of course OSU, MSU, Mich, and IU are always going to be better...who does that leave in the league...Purdue?

Latest posts